• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here is a CAC 3 Leg Buffalo Nickel!

13 posts in this topic

Would you buy this CAC 3Leg Buffalo? Should this coin have the CAC sticker? Should this coin be in a NGC holder or a BB?

http://www.davidlawrence.com/auctions/viewitem.cfm?Inventory=252603&auc=273&lotid=488414&imgbase=&CFID=430&CFTOKEN=CB0EBAE9-1CE6-4A04-B6EB8E21525C4728

Would you buy this CAC 3Leg Buffalo? If I was in the market for one, I might.

Should this coin have the CAC sticker? I don't see why not.

Should this coin be in a NGC holder or a BB? It's got some crud on it, but not enough to warrant a BB. Also, the TPGs seem to be more laxed on these higher-dollar coins.

30 years ago, this Buffy would have graded out as VF-35 (but a solid 35) XF needed to have a full horn and almost full tail...one can see just how far the grades have slid to arrive at XF.

Taking that into consideration, it is graded properly as a marketable 3-legger.

Yeah, I think all eyes are pretty darn close to getting this one correct...high profile coins seem to get a special handling, so it goes will all special collectables.

well it might be a solid xf and in hand be cac approved

and even in hand be okie and great for the grade

but.........................................................

from the photos it is not michael approved

so it is a pass for me

I didn't know they were serving Kool-Aid on this side of the street! Hey, If you guys think it is a great coin that is fine to me. I am not an expert an the coin might be great! I have seen this bunch just destroy a coin from a photo before. Oh, well.

When did lumps of green gunk(it looks to me to be eating into the medal)would be allowed on a "Premium" coin. The gunk looks like PVC damage, to me. I am just surprised to see a CAC sticker on a problem coin. Also I am surprised that NGC slabbed it in the first place.

If I had sent that coin in for grading it would get BB'ed! Also I noticed this coin because I have been looking for a decent 3 Leg in XF for my collection. You can bet I will be passing on this one, though. Premium or not!

I didn't know they were serving Kool-Aid on this side of the street! Hey, If you guys think it is a great coin that is fine to me. I am not an expert an the coin might be great! I have seen this bunch just destroy a coin from a photo before. Oh, well.

When did lumps of green gunk(it looks to me to be eating into the medal)would be allowed on a "Premium" coin. The gunk looks like PVC damage, to me. I am just surprised to see a CAC sticker on a problem coin. Also I am surprised that NGC slabbed it in the first place.

If I had sent that coin in for grading it would get BB'ed! Also I noticed this coin because I have been looking for a decent 3 Leg in XF for my collection. You can bet I will be passing on this one, though. Premium or not!

Who said this was a great coin? Nobody who responded said this was a great coin, you had better read the responses again and I beg to differ about being served Kool-Aid about an opinion where you beg to differ...indeed!

You sir will be hard pressed to get anyone to respond to your threads if you lash out at them for responding truthfully and with some forethought to boot.

I'm about through with this place.

The best thing I can say is that I have recently looked at an NGC XF-45 three-legged, and it was really nice. It was certainly more evenly colored than the DLRC coin. That said, DLRC's images can be pretty lousy, and this one looks like a rather low quality scan to me.

I guess we all differ at times...I've found DLRC's pics to be Very good..I buy high grade Walkers and Mercs and the pics are very accurate and even accurately capture flow lines in the luster...

Concerning the coin, I wouldn't buy a coin that has blatant corrosive elements on it regardless of who slabbed it and how many stickers it has...at some point this coin will require liberation from the housing and professional conservation..

Hey, why are you all questioning CAC's judgement? This is guaranteed to be an A-B for the grade, you illogical doubters! You should be happy to even have the opportunity to buy it sight-unseen. If CAC stickers it, then it for sure is excellent for the grade and confirms it should be slabbed as graded. Beware the wrath of TDN!

Originally Posted By: BankNote1

Who said this was a great coin? Nobody who responded said this was a great coin, you had better read the responses again and I beg to differ about being served Kool-Aid about an opinion where you beg to differ...indeed!

You sir will be hard pressed to get anyone to respond to your threads if you lash out at them for responding truthfully and with some forethought to boot.

I'm about through with this place.

Wooden Jeff. I didn't mean to run someone off, Although, I did know this thread would get a few folks upset.

I just thought this coin wasn't "Premium" enough for a green sticker! Also I wasn't flaming DLRC! I purchase thousands of their coins in their auctions.