• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Treasury Department Survey

8 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I received a form letter from the Treasury Department asking me to take part in a survey concerning the U.S. Mint. Did anyone else receive this? I don't know whether to respond or not. Could this just be a come-on?

If it is legitimate, and assuming that I do participate, are there any issues that those of you who didn't receive it would like me to address?

Chris

The main thing I would tell them is that there are too many new coins.

I'd also mention that's I'm tired of their cyberspace lotteries where one has to buy their "limited edition" coins. We are U.S. taxpayers and customers of the mint, and we deserve better treatment than that.

I'd also mention that's I'm tired of their cyberspace lotteries where one has to buy their "limited edition" coins. We are U.S. taxpayers and customers of the mint, and we deserve better treatment than that.

What do you propose? Should they continue to produce the "limited edition" coins to a specific cut-off date? Should they limit the quantity that any one person and/or household can order?

Chris

For what purpose? Do you think that, for example, there are too many coins in the proof and mint sets and the prices are too high for the collectors of less than average means?

Chris

I received one today in the mail asking for 20 minute(s) of my life - no mention of any free coins...

I'm going to sit down and do the survey tomorrow.

Then tell your members of congress. The Mint cannot strike whatever they want. They can only strike what congress passes as law. If it is not in the law, then the Mint cannot produce it. Only congress can make the laws. Blame them!

Scott :hi:

We have to buy them? I wasn't aware they had guns to our heads. I didn't buy them, should I be on the lookout for government assassins?

We have to buy them? I wasn't aware they had guns to our heads. I didn't buy them, should I be on the lookout for government assassins?

I don't know about you, but I'm always on the lookout for government assassins. Its the ones in the Uncle Sam costumes that scare me the most.