• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Say When.........

8 posts in this topic

If you are tired of seeing these old Anacs Photo Certificate coins, just say when and I'll cease and desist. However, I recieved my 12th coin to the set today. The coin has a beautiful chocolate patina. Unfortunately has a spot of corrosion on the back. It's not real distracting, but it's there none the less. Anyone know if there is anything that can be done to lessen the effect without changing the overall appearance of the coin? Old copper is hard to find with the old certificates, so I had to take it when I saw it. How do you like her?

JJ

1828o.jpg

1828r.jpg

1828anacs.jpg

I'm not sick of them. :)

Do the photos show the reverse corrosion? Just wondering if it's "new" or "old".

Thanks for sharing...Mike

Yes, it's in the photo on the certificate also. I gave it good soak in acetone to hopely neutralize it and prevent if from spreading or getting worse.

JJ

You could also compare the coin in-hand and the coin in the photo -- if the corrosion hasn't changed in 23 years chances are it won't if you store it properly.

Been watching your valiant efforts----enjoying your progress. By ALL means please continue. It is a noble endeavor.

Just from my "one" Walker from that era, I could tell that there seems to be few of these old certificate coins being offered. I'm sure that some are held in older "closely held" collections. But one must admire your type set collection with these ANACS certifications. Bob [supertooth]