• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A rewarding coin sale...

6 posts in this topic

Recently, I offered the coin below for sale and received three orders for it. I am gratified that there was interest in it despite (a particular part of) my description. Although, perhaps if I had omitted that minior detail, I would have received more orders ;) Please note that the good images are not mine. :(

1893 Columbian NGC MS63 $165

This "MS63" is priced at just about full "MS64" money and worth every penny. Evidence of what appears to be an old spot removal can be found to the right of Columbus's bust and is likely the main reason for this coin's conservative grade. Here is your last chance to acquire an NGC "fatty' holder in this offering. In case you are wondering, I did not buy a collection in older holders - I just happened to acquire a number of individual items that were in such slabs.

commemColumbian1893.jpg

I wonder how many sellers would have pointed that out.

The cynic in me might even add...Just think how much more money you could have charged had it had a sticker. :baiting:

Darn,

Wish I would have known about that one. Nice looking commemorative, would not hesitate to replace my current example with that coin.

Rey