• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could you help with a 1910 S Lincoln cent

12 posts in this topic

At least 63. The pic makes it hard to get a real notion of the eye appeal, and I suspect that the actual piece looks nicer than the image.

Wear areas to look for are the vertical lines in the wheat, and Abe's cheek and jaw. If you see no wear in those areas, you may have an uncirculated coin.

Thank you everyone. I took to it to a coin shop. They gave me a grade of MS 64. He kept commenting on what a nice coin it was. It is very nice looking in person. Thank you again for you replies.

MS64, maybe RB net grade sounds fair. I would have to see it to say RD. There are some marks and light hairlines on the coin. This dealer sounds honest.

What are RB and RD? I am new to coin collecting because of inheriting the remaining coins from a coin shop. I have seen different values for MS, RB and RD. How do I tell the difference? Thank you for your patience.

Lisha

Thank you. So RD would be like a fresh new penny? BN would be a dark brown penny. I think it would be RB because it does have a lot of red color but its not fresh like a new penny. Thank you again you guys are great.

Lisha

RB is defined as 5% to 95% red. However, most people's eyes can not discern that fine a distinction. You just have to look at a lot of coins to learn to judge color for yourself. Don't go by what it says on the slab. Many RD graded coins in slabs are actually RB or recolored.