• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the new NGC multi-coin holder ...

4 posts in this topic

Just an idea:

Would NGC consider making an optional multi-coin holder with the same dimensions as the US proof sets. This would maintain uniformity and would appeal to proof set collectors.

For example: I have a complete set of NGC graded silver proof sets from 1999 and 2000. I was going to submit them for the new multi-coin packaging but decided against it since the holder is so much larger than the proof set's. The reason that this is so important to me is because I store and display my proof sets in the Eagle albums designed specifically for this purpose.

Another great advantage is for the 1999 sets which have no dollar coin. With the new holders, it would be cool to have a ten-piece proof set from 1999 together.

And, it would be ideal for the 1936-1942 and the 1950-1955 sets. I think that uniform dimensions would appeal to a large audience.

At this time, NGC is only offering the one size Multi Coin Holder. We wanted to be able to comfortably seat six large size coins within this holder and provide the necessary information upon the certification label. Scaling the holder to a smaller size would tend to make both features difficult to execute.

Rick