• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Dansco, a pyramid of Seated Dimes and I am in love!!!

9 posts in this topic

Please forgive me if you have seen me mention that I was going to start a seated dime sets.....but I am so excited I had to share an update.... :headbang:

I have been collecting since the age of 7 so...a long long time and while I have owned plenty of raw coins and even more slabbed singles...........

I have never owned a dansco album and never really saw the attraction to them or felt the need to put together a complete set of any denomination...although I have come close. After receiving a gift of a Seated dime and remembering the fun I had puttting together a nice collection of seated dimes and half dime around 15 years ago I decided to take the plunge again. I bought some friends for the one I was givin to get me started and I purchased my first dansco album to house my new little treasures. Frankly I am blown away but how wonderful the coins look in the album and I am kicking myself for never taking the time to look at these albums at all of the shows I have been too.

I can not even fathom having these little beauties in plastic tombs now that I have seen them in all there glory in the album.......I feel like I am seven again and I am truly excited about making a run at completing a set....wow!!!! :cloud9:

Please share with me pictures of your dansco albums (any denomination) so that I and other forum members can appreciate your efforts :applause: :applause:

Dimes006.jpg

Dimes004.jpg

Dimes007.jpg

Dimes009.jpg

Dimes012.jpg

Dimes013.jpg

Nice Dansco.

I just transferred the collection into Danscos over the last year and a half. I did it because I thought the same album on the shelf looked wicked cool.

Congratulations, Shane. Starting a new collection is almost as fulfilling as completing one. I know just how you feel.

Jim

Congratulations on the OCD, Shane! :devil:

Nice looking coins that you got there. :applause: I'm glad you're having so much fun! :golfclap:

Congratulations on the OCD, Shane! :devil:

Nice looking coins that you got there. :applause: I'm glad you're having so much fun! :golfclap:

Is it's possible to love and hate a forum member at the same time?? :devil: