• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A grouping of new type coins

17 posts in this topic

Hi All,

It has been a while since I added a new coin to my type set, so I decided to remedy that!

This one arrived from James last week, and has actually proven to be a difficult coin to image, because it is so dark (yet indisputably original).

1838%2050c%20Obv.jpg1838%2050c%20Rev.jpg

These three arrived in the mail today from PCGS board member Don Soles (InYHWHWeTrust).

The Washington is a replacement, and matches my 1930 SLQ exactly.

1854O%2050c%20Obv.jpg1854O%2050c%20Rev.jpg

1876%2050c%20Obv.jpg1876%2050c%20Rev.jpg

1932%2025c%20Obv.jpg1932%2025c%20Rev.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS]Zach, I give two enthusiastic thumbs up for each and everyone!![/font] (thumbs u (thumbs u

:acclaim:

Amazing at how much our tastes are alike! :cloud9:

Zach, nice job imaging that 1838! Looks spot on to me.

James, what kind of lighting do you use? I seem to be having trouble illuminating the coin properly.

I like them very much. Your set is coming along fabulously!

Tom's comment is worth the same number of life points as if John Wayne patted you on the back. (thumbs u (thumbs u

:grin:

James, what kind of lighting do you use? I seem to be having trouble illuminating the coin properly.

I virtually always use the SOLB method (single overhead light bulb). I switch out different wattages when necessary, but usually, a 75 watt bulb works.

That being said, I still like your image better.

I virtually always use the SOLB method (single overhead light bulb). I switch out different wattages when necessary, but usually, a 75 watt bulb works.

That being said, I still like your image better.

James, Given that you can control exposure by varying the shutter speed, in what case is a different watt bulb necessary?

Just wondering...Mike

p.s. Zach, you are patiently amassing quite an impressive type set! Keep up the good work & congrats!

Zach, you are patiently amassing quite an impressive type set! Keep up the good work & congrats!

Very impressive indeed! See, one doesn't have to be well heeled to create a nice set. Eye-appeal is key over grade and over price!