• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Banned ATS???

53 posts in this topic

I have been sharply critical of PCGS at times, including recently. I think that as long as one stays respectful and factual, they do not have a problem with it.

I have made plenty of friends across the street: people I have met in person, people who have helped along my collection, and people with whom I have connected in other aspects of life (professional, investing, and general friendship). I think it is silly for those folks here to make blanket criticism of the forum ATS, especially those who have been given the boot, because it sounds a lot like sour grapes.

I know that I have benefited tremendously from my participation across the street, far, far more than my participation here. This is not a criticism of this forum--it just serves to make the point that you can get a lot out of either place, if you know the system works.

Well I'm old and tired of being pushed around by people who think that they can overpower the truth by banning it. PCGS is not Cardinal Cushing and this is not Boston! Times have changed and I have had it with their crummy customer service, so I just fired off this letter to them and hope that they choke on it.

Letter Copy:

Dear PCGS: You do not seem to understand or appreciate the benefits of freedom

of speech. Particularly when a person pays for the privilege of posting and

having registry sets. Since you also don't see fit to honor simple freedom of

speech, human rights, even not when a member is not employing foul language or

insults (as some of your member's lexicons seem to be limited to), let along

open sedition or any thing approaching perjury. I was only telling the absolute truth, a fact seemingly totally unacceptable to all of you mind controlled lemmings.

Because of your unfortunate ability in avoiding anything the least bit controversial, you have canceled my posting privileges because of stating the simple truth, assuming that you could recognize the truth, even if it hit you between the eyes. You certainly

can not call your watered-down mockery of freedom of speech any sort of a

privilege. Therefore, I have removed all of my coins and my registry sets from

this site. I also will never submit for any more coins for grading, nor purchase any coins graded by PCGS in the future. You can remove any of my registry sets from the permanent archives, as well, if you so desire.

I suddenly realize that your particular brand of autocratic, beneath contempt,

untruthful customer service (stretching a point to even call it customer

service) has reached a new low. You can please cancel my membership (#524391),

and put it in the same round file with all the other customers that you have

alienated and lost in recent years. One can only hope that you’re incredibly

witless business model will lead you into rack, ruin and Chapter 7 bankruptcy

shortly.

Tell Home Run Hall, or His Royal Highness, if you prefer, that I hope he finds

his true calling soon, selling bibles to widows and orphans.

Good bye, and good riddance Collector's Universe!

Charles Robbins

I have been sharply critical of PCGS at times, including recently. I think that as long as one stays respectful and factual, they do not have a problem with it. lol

I think it is silly for those folks here to make blanket criticism of the forum ATS, especially those who have been given the boot, because it sounds a lot like sour grapes. lol

I know that I have benefited tremendously from my participation across the street, far, far more than my participation here.

What is the price of gold/platinum hm

This is not a criticism of this forum--it just serves to make the point that you can get a lot out of either place, if you know the system works.

Well I'm old and tired of being pushed around by people who think that they can overpower the truth by banning it. PCGS is not Cardinal Cushing and this is not Boston! Times have changed and I have had it with their crummy customer service, so I just fired off this letter to them and hope that they choke on it.

Letter Copy:

Dear PCGS: You do not seem to understand or appreciate the benefits of freedom

of speech. Particularly when a person pays for the privilege of posting and

having registry sets. Since you also don't see fit to honor simple freedom of

speech, human rights, even not when a member is not employing foul language or

insults (as some of your member's lexicons seem to be limited to), let along

open sedition or any thing approaching perjury. I was only telling the absolute truth, a fact seemingly totally unacceptable to all of you mind controlled lemmings.

Because of your unfortunate ability in avoiding anything the least bit controversial, you have canceled my posting privileges because of stating the simple truth, assuming that you could recognize the truth, even if it hit you between the eyes. You certainly

can not call your watered-down mockery of freedom of speech any sort of a

privilege. Therefore, I have removed all of my coins and my registry sets from

this site. I also will never submit for any more coins for grading, nor purchase any coins graded by PCGS in the future. You can remove any of my registry sets from the permanent archives, as well, if you so desire.

I suddenly realize that your particular brand of autocratic, beneath contempt,

untruthful customer service (stretching a point to even call it customer

service) has reached a new low. You can please cancel my membership (#524391),

and put it in the same round file with all the other customers that you have

alienated and lost in recent years. One can only hope that you’re incredibly

witless business model will lead you into rack, ruin and Chapter 7 bankruptcy

shortly.

Tell Home Run Hall, or His Royal Highness, if you prefer, that I hope he finds

his true calling soon, selling bibles to widows and orphans.

Good bye, and good riddance Collector's Universe!

Charles Robbins

Excellent beerbang.gif

I have been sharply critical of PCGS at times, including recently. I think that as long as one stays respectful and factual, they do not have a problem with it. lol

I think it is silly for those folks here to make blanket criticism of the forum ATS, especially those who have been given the boot, because it sounds a lot like sour grapes. lol

I know that I have benefited tremendously from my participation across the street, far, far more than my participation here.

What is the price of gold/platinum hm

This is not a criticism of this forum--it just serves to make the point that you can get a lot out of either place, if you know the system works.

One of the reasons that I do not come over here so much is that it seems like half of the posts are criticisms of the CU forum. At times, it is the raison d'etre of this forum. Enjoy yourself at at my expense...with the other Plain Belly Sneetches. lol

Sneetches1.jpg

Actually, although plain bellied, I consider myself a Sneetch with a Star, thank you very much! Plus, I am no longer going to criticize ATS, I promise, because they just ceased to exist in my universe!

You say criticisms while we call it "Bringing the facts to the Fore" And as you skulk back across the street muttering french (raison d'etre)please note that we have not yet availed ourselves to "Having Fun At Your Expense" with or without your sneetches...

We are still waiting for the price of gold /Platinum.

:popcorn:

One of the reasons that I do not come over here so much is that it seems like half of the posts are criticisms of the CU forum. At times, it is the raison d'etre of this forum.

Hi, Robert! I'm surprised you've taken away that impression, as I think that really, only a very low percentage of threads over here ever reference what goes on "over there". That said, I freely admit that when someone does start such a discussion, it is fun and probably a little too easy to pile on lol !

I am glad you are able to enjoy the PCGS forum. I agree that the threads ATS that I read and that stay on topic can easily be just as useful as similar threads over here.

I've read a statement or inference several times in this thread that one must pay to be able to post at PCGS. This is simply not true. One must pay to become a member of their Collector's Club, which then allows direct submissions to PCGS, but one does not need to pay in order to post on the PCGS boards.

On the other hand, while I agree that there are threads critical of PCGS on these boards from time-to-time, I cannot at all agree that any meaningful number of users of these boards derive their reason for being through those threads. Similarly, I believe only few embrce the NGC boards solely or primarily as a vehicle for PCGS bashing.

I posted ATS about the unsealed PCGS slab that I purchased, complete with suggestions about fixing the problem. Now I have been banned ATS for my efforts. Carol is a piece of work!
It seems extremely odd that you would actually be banned for that. But if so, I seriously doubt it was Carol's decision. It is not uncommon for her to receive blame for following the instructions of others.

I wouldn't be surprised at all that they just banned him.

I was banned, and to my recollection, the only thing I complained about was people being banned without the ability to appeal the ban. Period. Oh...I did criticize them for banning you...Mark. I found it insulting that they banned you.

I also spoke to both Ron Guth and David Hall about this and they said the decision was entirely up to Carol.

I will also add, that at least two people who only had, say, 2-5 posts over the past few years, people who I NEVER saw active myself and certainly didn't know me at all (unless, indeed they were a plant), had nasty things to say about me, like "we're better off without him", that kind of stuff.

This really bothered me because most of my postings there required a lot of work on my part, and were a positive contribution to the board. I made quite an effort to relay facts, personal opinions and photographs of my coins, which was no mean task. Of course, I was really upset by the ban.

I spoke to David Hall about these two posters and he insisted that PCGS doesn't have plants on the board.

I did find it interesting that one of these people, in their I.D. said they lived on (I cannot remember the name) an island where nuclear weapons are kept by the US Military. Interesting.

I also wish to say that I've participated in both boards for a few years now, made a lot of friends on both, learned a lot, and enjoyed both boards. Admittedly, I found the PCGS board generally more hostile than the NGC board, but that is just my observation. I do NOT find that the NGC board is used as a battering ram for PCGS. Not at all.

Despite my dismay, hurt and anger about PCGS's behavior, specifically with this whole banning issue, I rejoined under the name of one of my favorite numismatists, Mickley. I did this because I have friends over there who don't post here. I do not post significant posts there however, as I am still very insulted by the leadership there banning me for no definitive reason despite the fact that I wrote really decent posts that took a lot of effort and were educational as well as personal on a positive note.

I've never experienced the hostility that I've seen on the PCGS board over here. I may have had arguments with people, on the NGC board, but that is normal for interaction with different ideas. I don't believe I've EVER argued with anyone on the PCGS board, specifically because it seemed like such a hostile 'society' there.

Now, Sage, I'm not including you in this hostile stuff. Like I said, I rejoined because I have a lot of friends there. Someday, I hope I'll contribute more again, but for now, I lay low.

All the above is my honest opinion based on my observations, my feelings and my interpretation of the whole thing.

edited to add: I still have a registry set with PCGS. I thought about deleting it, but I kept it for the fact that I find registry sets very educational. I do not participate in either registry for the sake of competition, particularly since it would be pointless for me to do so since I do not have the finances for it, and also, I have coins in NGC holders which cannot be posted in the PCGS registry. What does that tell you?

I posted ATS about the unsealed PCGS slab that I purchased, complete with suggestions about fixing the problem. Now I have been banned ATS for my efforts. Carol is a piece of work!
It seems extremely odd that you would actually be banned for that. But if so, I seriously doubt it was Carol's decision. It is not uncommon for her to receive blame for following the instructions of others.

the just following orders excuse.................... is no excuse and many have been held just as liable

proven many times in courts of law the world over

I don't care for the way PCGS handles many situations. It's made me spend less and less time there. It has nothing to do with the members. There are lots of great folks on both boards. I do get a bit upset when someone post blanket criticisms of the members of either board. That's just as wrong as the way PCGS deals with things.

CLCT (PCGS's parent company) stock is in the toliet. It has fallen so much it is pretty much a joke at this point, and thestreet.com has it listed as a 'SELL', and has it rated at a 'D' (with F being the worst).

As their earnings and market share continue to dwindle, you'll continue to see more and more heavy handed policies on their message boards. In the near future, i think anyone saying anything that isn't considered Kool-Aid rhetoric will go bye-bye; akin to the 'great Christmas purge of 06'

I have a grand prediction: if their stock continues to tumble, you can kiss that forum good bye within a year for a cost cutting measure and to stifle opposition.

I also spoke to both Ron Guth and David Hall about this and they said the decision was entirely up to Carol.

I have no idea if Carol has any power over there or not. However, you might get a kick out of the ex-members throwing their wild conspiracy theories around on the CLCT Yahoo Finance Message Boards. doh! It features some banned members, many alt-IDs from current forum members (some can be figured out pretty easily), and some crackpots.

I have no idea if Carol has any power over there or not. However, you might get a kick out of the ex-members throwing their wild conspiracy theories around on the CLCT Yahoo Finance Message Boards. doh! It features some banned members, many alt-IDs from current forum members (some can be figured out pretty easily), and some crackpots.

I gave up a long time ago on any Stock Board on Yahoo Finance. Vey few had anything Economically sound to mention. Most were Pump and Dumpers and some were obviuosly people who thought that they could influence a Stock one way or the other and some apparently did it just to have fun.

You could tell that some used double IDs.Just a waste of time.

Well I'm old and tired of being pushed around by people who think that they can overpower the truth by banning it.

OK everybody. Repeat after me: I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore. I'm MAD as Hell, and I'm NOT gonna Take it anymore! I'M MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

pcgs can't stand the truth so they ban it.

it is thetr paid for boards and their right to do so...........................

but you cant stop the spring of truth from flowing and one day pcgs boards will no longer exist and maybe not even pcgs it is in the cards me thinks

i guess time will tell

MT Head if you have nothing better to do than to litter my posts with nonsense, get a hobby and I'm not it!

Done, blocked!

MT Head if you have nothing better to do than to litter my posts with nonsense, get a hobby and I'm not it!

Just block him ... Appearently a few of us have

Just block him ... Appearently a few of us have

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

How many times and and in how many ways can you say carolj, CU, PCGS, David Hall and the "no criticism policy"

suck before it becomes tedious? (shrug)

The Original Poster offered a constructive fix to his problem and got screwed for his efforts. Others have too.

Some deserved it, some did not.

Money talks. Take your business elsewhere and ignore ATS.

It's time to move on!