• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1870 Proof Set

16 posts in this topic

Well, been awhile since I have posted this set and I just got some updated photos from Bruce so here is the set:

Indian Head Cent NGC PF 66 RD:

dh1870ic.jpg

dh1870ico.jpg

dh1870icr.jpg

2c PCGS PF 65 RB:

dh2c70.jpg

dh2c70o.jpg

dh2c70r.jpg

3CN PCGS PF 65 CA:

dh18703cn.jpg

dh18703cno.jpg

dh18703cnr.jpg

3CS NGC PF 64:

dh18703cs.jpg

dh18703cso.jpg

dh18703csr.jpg

Shield Nickel PCGS PF 63:

dhsnp70.jpg

dhsnp70o.jpg

dhsnp70r.jpg

Half Dime NGC PF 65:

dh1870hd.jpg

dh1870hdo.jpg

dh1870hdr.jpg

Dime NGC PF 64:

dhsd70.jpg

dhsd70o.jpg

dhsd70r.jpg

Seated Quarter NGC PF 64:

dh1870slq.jpg

dh1870slqo.jpg

dh1870slqr.jpg

I am impressed every time that I see these coins. Well done, Dwaine. (thumbs u

Ditto! :cloud9:

That is absolutely gorgeous... although, and please don't take offense, but I think you could do them more justice by sending those off to get better pictures taken of them. Mark Goodman, Becocka, SpaceMonkey among others come to mind. Here is a good site to find people who take really nice pictures of he kind of coins you have.... http://www.becokacoins.com/forum/

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks. The only two coins that are missing are the half dollar and the dollar which are going to cost me big time to get so I am saving up for them.

That is absolutely gorgeous... although, and please don't take offense, but I think you could do them more justice by sending those off to get better pictures taken of them. Mark Goodman, Becocka, SpaceMonkey among others come to mind. Here is a good site to find people who take really nice pictures of he kind of coins you have.... http://www.becokacoins.com/forum/

Bruce is actually really good - but I have to say it must have been an off day with him on these pictures

Thanks for the info about other photographers. I have used Bruce Lee and think he has done a great job with the photo's. Much better than what I could have done.

Again, no offense to Bruce, I really enjoy his photos and I know some of those are really hard to take pictures of. I do some myself and when color is involved it's sometimes downright impossible to get good pictures. I fooled with your contrast on the 2c to see if I could get rid of some of the glare, this is what I came up with. If you like it it's yours, if not then, well, I gave it a shot!

1872.jpg

One more for good measure.

1870.jpg

Good to be home again, other than a minor mishap while gone. Anyhow as to the photos, I will say this. Toned Proof or Proof Like Coins are by far the hardest of all coins to photo. 2nd I could have shot the coins glare free 100%, but then you lose some of the color that the coin(s) have. I always try to get the color spot on as possible. Having seen the coins in hand the edited versions of my pics do not look like the coins in hand. Maybe Dwaine can shed some light on if my photos are close to in hand or not.

BTW Spacemonkey used Mark Goodman for his images.