• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Copper

10 posts in this topic

Finally got around to photographing a few of my favorite '98s

The S-160 from the Husak Collection is one of my favorite '98s. First Hair Style. Leaning 7 and ER in AMERICA is connected to denticles Only an R3, but in my experience a a decidedly more difficult variety than the rarity rating would lead one to believe.

IMGP0328-1.jpgIMGP0329-1-1.jpg

This one is an S-174 purchsed at the EAC convention in Dallas. . Second Hair Style. Projection at the top of 1 in the date and heavy reverse clashing ( the potrait of Liberty is inverted) on the reverse- most evident around the fraction and ribbons.

Both coins have been happily freed from holders, The S-160 from a PCGS 55 holder and the S-174 from an NGC 58 holder and can now be enjoyed in full bloom.

Anybody care to practice their EAC grading skills?

IMGP0339-1.jpgIMGP0340-1.jpg

Only an R3, but in my experience a a decidedly more difficult variety than the rarity rating would lead one to believe.

I'm not surprised you feel that way, the S-160 used to be considered to be an R-5.

Wow, wow, wow, and wow.

I'll take a swag at grades later, but this is simply stunning and should be your new icon:

IMGP0328-1.jpg

:)

Excellent coins & thank you for sharing.

Both coins have been happily freed from holders... and can now be enjoyed in full bloom.

:luhv:

I'd call the S-160 a solid EF45det/net and the S-174 a solid EF40det/net. Stunning, SPECTACULAR, WONDERFULICIOUS little beauties. :banana: Can I have some?

Hoot

Wow, wow, wow, and wow.

I'll take a swag at grades later, but this is simply stunning and should be your new icon:

IMGP0328-1.jpg

:)

Excellent coins & thank you for sharing.

Honestly I think the colors are off on the coin. Does this help it any?

1798.jpg

Since I could never own anything even close to those beautiful cents I don't need to practice my EAC skills. I do know EAC grades are different than NGC and PCGS grades in many cases, though. Thank you for showing us those great coins!

Both coins have been happily freed from holders... and can now be enjoyed in full bloom.

:luhv:

I'd call the S-160 a solid EF45det/net and the S-174 a solid EF40det/net. Stunning, SPECTACULAR, WONDERFULICIOUS little beauties. :banana: Can I have some?

Hoot

Hoot you are just too good at this. I graded the S-160 an EF 45 net 40 plus and the S-174 an EF 45 net 40.