• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally got a new camera what do you think of my first effort

7 posts in this topic

I know you are all probably sick of my scans of coins so i have fi9naly invested in a ok camera..

i have chosen a difficult coin which would not scan at all

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

what do you think ?

Nto bad for a first shot, but as you already know, it needs some work. It looks like you are probably only using one light, which makes it a little more difficult (I only have one light as well). It seems to be a bit out of focus as well, especially the reverse. What kind of camera did you get?

It looks like you are putting the camera angled in reference to the coin. Most people reccomend to put the camera perpendicular to the coin. At a 90 degree angle right above the coin. To do this, you'll need some sort of tripod or a copy stand. You can find tripods really cheap on eBay. Buy one of those and try it out.

Not bad for a first try!

Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl,

but she doesn't have a lot to say.

Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl

but she changes from day to day.

I want to tell her that I love her a lot

But I gotta get a bellyful of wine.

Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl,

Someday I'm going to make her mine, oh yeh,

someday I'm going to make her mine.

:)

Hey, Dooly.

Your pictures sure put anything I can do to shame. I still scan coins for the pictures I post. Someday, I hope to get a decent camers and light set up . Not that I have anything with that much "wow factor", but I would like to get good photos of some of my "babies" before I have to sell them to pay for heating oil. :pullhair:

Have a terrific day!

RI AL