• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E Bay pays 63 Million dollars in Fines

15 posts in this topic

A Paris court has ordered E Bay to pay 63 million dollars in fines for

allowing fake Louis Vuitton articles to be sold on its site.

The Paris court said the the Anti Counterfeit measures that E Bay had in place didn't cut it.

i'm sure they'll use the ole' "we're only a venue!" defense nonsense.

Anyone read the excerpt between Scott Travers and one of eBay's lawyers in his book 'coin collectors survival manual'. it was quite the funny exchange, as Scott was trying to get the lawyer to admit the obvious.

all they can do is try to appeil it, but it is said and done for now. its kind of hard saying they are just a venue when they make so much. also i was thinking, do they have to have a realestate licence to get the cut they are makeing. say i sell a house. they get close to what a realtor gets. dont they have to be licenced to get a comission. or is it not a commision they are taking.

Ebay will probably close their French site and cut their losses. They are too stupid to live though and need to get the same treatment from US courts.

How would the French courts enforce this ruling? Does eBay have any assets in France?

I would imagine that they have all sorts of remedies. Remember the ado about Google and their giving up things to be able to operate in China?

Message posted on Ebay Feedback Board, by me.

Ebay has promised the coin community that you would work with the American Numismatic Association and prevent sale of counterfeit coins. Have you done that? No, you have not! I have notified you about several coins that I had several opinions from others on before I reported them. Did you remove them, NO! Instead you post some stupid fluff, window dressing written by V.P. David Pride, whoever he is.

You do not care and it will cost you money both in France and more money here when Tiffany and Company wins another suit for major, flagrant violation of your own standards. You are selling 85% counterfeit Tiffany merchandise and you don't care! Are you stupid, do you have any moral character or even any brains at all? I know the answer, it is a resounding NO!!!

Charles Robbins

$354.00 per share in 1999 /// $27.00 per share in 2008 Got to love the justice of it

their down because of all the copy's of ebay out there .If your going to sell fakes items just start your own site anybody want FAKEBAY.COM

New eBay user Agreement: hm

This Agreement is effective on August 13, 2008, for current users, and upon acceptance for new users. The previous amendment to this Agreement was effective for all users on July 9, 2007.

$354.00 per share in 1999 /// $27.00 per share in 2008

Have there been any stock splits in between times?

New eBay user Agreement

Is there supposed to be a link there?