• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a toned Frankie

42 posts in this topic

Very nice Shane. Looks like some new product! This Frankie was stored in a wayte raymond album for a long time. the reverse has kind of the same look as Sy's. The entire coin is toned in a light blue ( hard for me to capture)

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

Bingo! There you go Jon with those lines. Fun coin. (thumbs u

Some very attractive coins there Shane! :applause: I particularly like the 1952 for the date/mm.

I was in a B&M today and browsed through their Frankie box. Picked up 4 raw coins, three of which I'm pretty sure are mint set toners; a '48-D in 63fbl (common date for fbl) with "attractive" brown toning (with a hint of magenta on the reverse), a '52 in 64-5 (which may or may not fbl as there are some minor hits on the lines) that has subtle but noticeable iridescent toning, a '58-D in 64-5 borderline fbl that has a soft but very attractive mint set toning, and finally a pretty much blast white '58-D in 64ish that has semi-prooflike surfaces. I'm gonna' plug that last one in a '58 mint set and see what happens over a couple of years. If it tones up nicely it could be killer with those surfaces.

So, let's hear it for "low" grade raw Frankies. Here's one...

1963eorTob.jpg

1963eorT.jpg

Here is one I picked up for $3 bucks on Ebay and while the obverse has great color but some dirty toning...the reverse is a knockout. What makes this coin special is the date.....NGC graded it MS64

1960-Dfrankie005.jpg

1960-Dfrankie007.jpg

Hey shane, did you ever send that 57 frankie second from bottom in for grading? What did it come back as?

Not yet....still selling off the rest of what I got back to fund the submission....I'll let you know though (thumbs u