• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

post one of your favorite pre-1915 classic coin's in your collection

36 posts in this topic

I don't do this for just anyone, Michael. :) You might remember that I showed you the J-481 outside the convention center at FUN 2007.

1866J-481ObvRev.jpg

1871S1-3000ObvRev.jpg

1875S1-0000ObvRev.jpg

tomb that photo does not do JUSTICE to this gem; GEM original, never dipped monster rainbow toned, 1830 half dime

:makepoint:INCREDIBLY SUPERLATIVE :makepoint:

eze victor that proof killer (thumbs u monster :applause: superlative :cloud9: toned gem two center you posted

is simply AMAZING (worship) (worship) (worship)

dwaine i'll take the gem proof 1870 quarter please :applause:

(worship):cloud9:(worship)

Dwaine! Dude! It is very hard to beat the look of this coin! If I could get everyone of my proof classic silver coins like this then I'd be a happy camper! (thumbs u (thumbs u

Larry, is that a proof large cent?

I wish it were. It's MS66.

The strike is strong with nicely detailed denticles. I was thinking maybe it was filled dies at 6:00 to account for the weakness. Regardless, this one sweet copper! :cloud9:

My favorites in three categories

Favorite Colonial PCGS ms 64 with full luster and one of the finest known for the issue.

b20pine.jpg

Favorite Pattern PCGS pr 65 cam the second finest of the 4 known examples

b20j1526.jpg

Favorite Regular issue No doubt dipped at some point but retoning with fairly attractive peripheral toning. I have seen 4 of the 5 estimated original mintage and this coin has the most convincing proof mirrors of them all. These are the sellers images and really don't do the coin justice.

1853_half.jpg

WoW X 3!

The luster on the pinetree shilling blows me away! Amazing!!!!

And, as a type collector, the proof 1853 half is but a pipe dream for me. Wonderful coin!

Very Nice coins folks! (thumbs u Love the gold and magenta color on this one:

DSCN6734c.jpg

DSCN6734A.jpg

DSCN6738A.jpg