• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EARLY RELEASE Label designation on 2008 Rev 2007

2 posts in this topic

I have submitted the following email to NGC for consideration. Please give me any feedback you wish.

Dear Sir(s),

It has been verified by the U.S. Mint that the first 3 work shifts were in error when they made the 2008 reverse 2007 Silver Eagles. This means that every single coin that was made with this Mint Variety is in essence, an EARLY RELEASE NGC or FIRST STRIKE as PCGS designates it.

Why should you not signify this on every 2008 reverse 2007 variety? The coins mere existence means that they were FIRST STRIKES by the U.S. Mints acknowledgment of the error.

I think NGC should offer everyone that has already submitted these coins to you for authentication and grading should be able to send you the coins back in their slabs and have them relabeled EARLY RELEASE.

Thanks,

Stan

Dear Stan,

Thank you for your inquiry. Only coins received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30-days of release are eligible for the Early Releases designation. No paperwork or supplementary documentation is accepted.

Please go to the following link regarding Early Release http://www.ngccoin.com/services/earlyrelease.asp