• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There are very few ptice changes in '09 Krause.

9 posts in this topic

...compared to the '08 edition of the 20th century coins.

Most of the changes were in New Zealand, Malta, and Panama. There may be some in the older coins but I've still only spot checked those.

If you have the time, could you check to see if there were price changes in the modern China bullion coins like the panda? 1983 is a first year for the silver panda.

Sorry I can't help more but these are jumbled around a lot and comparing prices is difficult for me. I spot checked about 10 modern silver and gold prices and there were some 20% or so increases.

Thanks for the replys. I might check out the CD version but I was just curious on the prices they had listed on the Panda series. I've got an older edition and the prices they have are way way off. The 1983 silver panda is listed at $100 and it regularly sells for over $1000.

Thanks for the replys. I might check out the CD version but I was just curious on the prices they had listed on the Panda series. I've got an older edition and the prices they have are way way off. The 1983 silver panda is listed at $100 and it regularly sells for over $1000.

Let me know the denomination and K-number and I'll see if I can find it.

Larry Dreher.

I think I found the 1983 Panda coin. Is it a 10 yuan piece with a mother panda holding a 2 branched bamboo plant and a baby panda just behind? In the 2008 Standard Catalog of World Coins it is identified as Y-57 and was minted in Proof and Frosted Proof. Values (according to the catalog anyway) are $225 for either version. E-Bay offers a small number of them ranging in price from current bids in the $200s to $1400.

I just googled 1983 panda coin and found several sites. You might want to give that a try.

RI AL