• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time from QC to return?

9 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just biting my nails a bit here. I've got five coins at NGC. I sent two invoices to be returned together. All the coins are now in QC.So,I guess they have all been graded and slabbed or body bagged.or some combination. What's the time frame for these to be returned? They are all Early Bird.Good thing is,I live right across town from NGC so shipping won't take but a minute.

Early Bird usually only take 1-2 days in QC. However, they appear to be backed up with coins right now, so it may take a lot longer. I have a (world) Early Bird that arrived on 6/2 and it is still in the Received Stage. :(

Early Bird usually only take 1-2 days in QC. However, they appear to be backed up with coins right now, so it may take a lot longer. I have a (world) Early Bird that arrived on 6/2 and it is still in the Received Stage. :(

They were all recieved on the 11th.One of them has been in QC for almost a week. Waiting on the other four I suppose.The've been there since Friday or Monday. I asked to have them all shipped back together to save some dough.

Does NGC post the grades before they send them out?

That's the problem. They only post grades when they are in the shipping process. Since yours are waiting on other invoices, you will not see any grades until they are all done.

Sometimes you can enter in the cert number into their validation tool and the grade will show. This works occasionally.

They were all recieved on the 11th.One of them has been in QC for almost a week. Waiting on the other four I suppose.The've been there since Friday or Monday. I asked to have them all shipped back together to save some dough.

Does NGC post the grades before they send them out?

They sure do....once they are in the Finalized/Imaged/Shipped status. At that point you can see the grades the coins got.

Good Luck!!! :wishluck:

Good thing is,I live right across town from NGC so shipping won't take but a minute.

Once the package is delivered to the Sarasota Post Office, it must first go to the Tampa facility where it is sorted. Then it comes back to Sarasota for delivery...............3 days! lol

Chris

Good thing is,I live right across town from NGC so shipping won't take but a minute.

Once the package is delivered to the Sarasota Post Office, it must first go to the Tampa facility where it is sorted. Then it comes back to Sarasota for delivery...............3 days! lol

Chris

I don't know about that. When I sent them from Sarasota,they were posted as received the next day. Might have been because I used registered mail?.

Chris

I don't know about that. When I sent them from Sarasota,they were posted as received the next day. Might have been because I used registered mail?.

Sorry! It's sort of a personal jab at the USPS. It seems they are considering closing the regional facility in Ft. Myers. That would mean that if I wanted to send a letter from Cape Coral to Ft. Myers (which is right across the river), it would have to go to the regional facility in Sarasota (90 miles north) and come back to Ft. Myers.

Chris

I have two that are in QC w/ NGC after they were forwarded from NCS. The (2) 1897 Morgan's arrived on 6/9 w/ NCS and were forwarded to NGC some time this week under Early Bird. Should I be concerned they went to QC so quickly with NGC? NCS did not note any problems w/ the coins and I do not know if NCS "conserved" the coins by removing the carbon spots.

One is a Vam-8 and -6a - I'm on pins and needles waiting for the on-line to switch to shipped.

I also have an 1880 stright to NGC on 6/11 Eary Bird and it is in QC as well. So the timing I can not figure out...

I do like the new updates w/ NGC and PMG order checking on-line. Two days ago I could not check PMG orders, now they're on-line like NGC. Bravo!!