• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1842 Liberty Seated Dollar-Grade opinions please

6 posts in this topic

Well, I just upgraded my 1838 REBH and now completed a trade with JJTeaparty for my last Dansco 7070 coin, an 1842 Liberty Seated Dollar. I would appreciate your opinions as to its grade. I understand the coin has great lustre in hand and even rainbow coloring. I can vaguely make out some lustre in the reverse photo but not in the obverse. I still have a couple to upgrade as NCS didn't do as well as I thought with an 1801 Large Cent-I guess one can only do so much with what they had to start with lol It ended with a beautiful VF/EF reverse but only a VF obverse noted with corrosion. So I'll be upgrading it and the Bust half dime for he album as soon as I build up some cash. I had to trade my 1859 IHC but I had an AU extra for my album. I think this LS$ will be fine, but wish it had been a little darker. Can't wait to get it inhand.

Thanks to all who respond.

Jim

1842LibertySeatedDollar.jpg

It's hard to tell from the pic but I'd say 40-45.

In my experience with JJ Teaparty every coin that I've purchased from them was darker in hand that their pics make it appear (a good thing in my book).

I'll bet you are going to be happy with the color.

They have been more than fair with me so far. I think you will be correct TR in regards to being darker inhand. Hope so, anyway. Its graded EF45 by ANACS. I don't know how recent a grade that is.

Thanks for your input TR and OT3.

Jim