• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*DELETED* Spam I guess

25 posts in this topic

Someone thought this was SPAM so I have deleted the coin picture .

so sorry if you thought it was.

I don't think it will pull much more than say $5 or $6 bucks either way...I have sold slabbed ones that didn't sell for more that that saw a raw one is going to have a tought time getting higher than that. I have 2 1955's and 2 1955-D's that all came back MS64 fro NGC.....I don't agree with the grades and at that level....they are worth about half of the grading fees doh!

I have never seen a coin with these small pitted spots under the toning that would clean up by any method. You may be able to dip them and eliminate the ugly toning but the smallish spots on these coins are usually pitted into the surface. Because of the spots these coins never graded have better than MS62/63. Given present tight grading standards, I would guess that none of these coins would grade higher than MS62.

Shown is an MS70 wiped 1943-D Washington that originally looked like the coin you showed. It cleaned up somewhat with a lite Q-tip bath in MS70, but still only (generously) graded MS63. These coins have been ruined by the Pliofilm plasticizer or some other chemical from the film, maybe by means of normal room humidity reacting with the film over a long period of time. I took this coin from it's mint set film several years ago after being in the Pliofilm for (60) years.

I would sell your quarter as is. I just dipped mine because it was already obviously damaged and beyond help.

1943-D_MS63.jpg

SPAM...this coin is on Ebay.....seems like every post you start refers back to coins for sale...I am officially reporting this as it's not fair to the rest of us sellers playing by the rules.

SPAM...this coin is on Ebay.....seems like every post you start refers back to coins for sale...I am officially reporting this as it's not fair to the rest of us sellers playing by the rules.
I didn't consider it to be spam when I saw it. I don't recall seeing a link to the listing or even thinking/knowing that the item was already up on Ebay. In other words, even if it was up on Ebay, it didn't come across that way to me.

He mentioned he was going to list it on Ebay and then I checked and it was up there already just like other threads he started. Just because you don't have a link does not mean it's not spam....

I could do the same and start threads to talk up the lovely coins I am going to be selling on Ebay...so as long as I don't include a link that makes it ok? I don't think so...it's drawing attention to coins you are personally selling within the US coin section when it should be in the BST where the rest of us sellers are following rules.

We will have to disagree on this one....

SPAM...this coin is on Ebay.....seems like every post you start refers back to coins for sale...I am officially reporting this as it's not fair :cry: to the rest of us sellers playing by the rules.

Someone used the "F" word! :o

Someone should moderate the notifier! ;)

so now if its "going to be for sale" we cant talk about it? what did i miss?

Not sure. Krap-TonightComics' "IT'S ON E-BAY!!!!!!" tirade kind of derailed the thread.

why would you bring name calling into this....grow up doh!

Yes if you have an item listed on Ebay...it has always been a standard rule to not discuss it here...especially if your going to talk about it being listed on ebay...you know spam the boards.....for those that think other wise I don't know where you have been for the last 5 years???

He mentioned he was going to list it on Ebay and then I checked and it was up there already just like other threads he started. Just because you don't have a link does not mean it's not spam....

I could do the same and start threads to talk up the lovely coins I am going to be selling on Ebay...so as long as I don't include a link that makes it ok? I don't think so...it's drawing attention to coins you are personally selling within the US coin section when it should be in the BST where the rest of us sellers are following rules.

did he ask /mention the coin then listed it an hour later b4 you checked or ???? im kinda confuesed and not trying to fuel the flames but most coins mentioned here are talked about before listing. i have done that b4 myself , where ill mention a coin im thinking of selling, then within minutes someone helps in the making of my mind and i list it from there help or whatever.

are we saying if we are going to sell it we cant talk about it or is there a time limit?

did he ask /mention the coin then listed it an hour later b4 you checked or ???? im kinda confuesed and not trying to fuel the flames but most coins mentioned here are talked about before listing. i have done that b4 myself , where ill mention a coin im thinking of selling, then within minutes someone helps in the making of my mind and i list it from there help or whatever.

are we saying if we are going to sell it we cant talk about it or is there a time limit?

It is not appropriate to discuss a coin listed on eBay in any forum other than the Marketplace. The waiting period before doing so is 13 years, 4 months, 11 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes and 5 seconds. However, if it is a leap year you must be obliged to wait just 18 minutes.

Chris

CreamOfSpam.jpg

Bon Appétit

Do you think they put it in a thousand-gallon blender to puree it so they can funnel it into the cans?

Chris

SPAM...this coin is on Ebay.....seems like every post you start refers back to coins for sale...I am officially reporting this as it's not fair :cry: to the rest of us sellers playing by the rules.

Someone used the "F" word! :o

Someone should moderate the notifier! ;)

F. is the abbreviation for the Latin word fecit . Roughly translated, it means Shane did it!

Chris

Jgrinz has done this before with coins that he simultaneously just happened to list on Ebay and IMHO, it is poor form to do this. I know other people have picked up on this by heading their posts "not for sale on Ebay" which is a not so subtle reference to this practice. He needs to stop selling once-in-a-while and start writing more about things other than what he is selling.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am such a baaaaad baaaaad boy

Please spank me somemore I am getting to like it :insane:

Jgrinz has done this before with coins that he simultaneously just happened to list on Ebay and IMHO, it is poor form to do this. I know other people have picked up on this by heading their posts "not for sale on Ebay" which is a not so subtle reference to this practice. He needs to stop selling once-in-a-while and start writing more about things other than what he is selling.

307156sn2hc9lw2y-1.gifboot.jpg

307156sn2hc9lw2y-1.gifboot.jpg

Man this board is getting wayyyy to anal..............

:popcorn: