• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

if you wanted a modern mint set in ONE NGC holder

7 posts in this topic

which quarter would you choose? Because you'll only be able to fit ONE in, along with the penny, nickle, dime, half dollar and dollar.

or would you rather keep the state quarters seperate?

but if you had to choose one, which would it be, or would it matter to you at all, which one is in there.

To me I would have to do the following:

State quarters in one holder, Presidential Dollar's with Sac in another, and the rest in the third.

Next year they are going to really make this an impossible task with four Lincoln's and six quarters.

I think that I would want a 1964-P + D half mint set (in multi-holder), because of two facts. Firstly, it was the beginning of (Kennedy half) and the end (really!) of silver coinage. Plus it was a one year, type set with the (2) 90% silver, Kennedy half mintages. Finding nice coins worth slabbing, particularly halfs, in a multi-holder would be a challenge as well. Wouldn't it have been great if they had minted the planned Peace dollar for that single year set as well! That would have been the all time ultimate set!

Actually, a multi-holder with all the business strike and proof Kennedy's, plus the accented hair, would be a cool set in high grades.

Everything goes out the window next year in 2009...

4 Presidential Dollars

6 "Statehood" Quarters

4 Lincoln Reverses

1 Sac Dollar

1 Half dollar

1 Nickel

1 Dime

18 coins x2 mints = 36.

x2 for Business Strike and SMS = 72 coin mint set if my math is right

I like the Vermont design as well as the other single theme designs. The quarters that appear to have been done by a committee and have multiple themes in their design look terrible IMO.

Oh and I would skip any of the new plastic dollars...