• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC being a lot slower then usually.....

21 posts in this topic

[font:Comic Sans MS]I sent in 60 coins to NGC under the modern submission tier.

NGC received the order on 5/13/2008.....on 5/23/2008 the coins went into quality control and the coins are still in quality control.

So far it has been 22 days and this is really starting to drive me crazy!!

I wonder how long it is really going to take. [/font]

That doesn't sound right. Have you called them to check on it?

They told me that coins are processed in the order that they are received!!

QC is supposed to be the quick part. I would recommend calling customer service.

I just did today and that is what they told me above.

I would have to save the lady wasn't very helpful and was trying to just get me off the phone....so I did.

I'd call back and ask if 22 days in Quality Control was normal and could they check to see if anything is wrong with the order. I've never had an order take that long in QC.

Hope you have better luck than I did, as I sent five coins in late March and just got them back last week. I thought 25 days in QC was bad but 7 days in Finalized Ready to ship was terrible. I called several times and they just said they were extra busy.

I sent two coins to NCS and they told me 40 to 45 business days after they got there. A little ridiculous but there is nothing one can do about it. I've been told PCGS is worse.

I believe I'll try ANACS--maybe things have gotten back to normal there, at least it couldn't be worse.

Jim

sent 2 gold pieces into anacs cause i had 2 free gradings.sent them out6-5-08 they will be here 2morrow.the only thing is that,ngc is very busy.i would call and see the status.ngc is the best(in my opinion)they will take care of u.be patient.

NGC received the order on 5/13/2008.....on 5/23/2008 the coins went into quality control and the coins are still in quality control.

Something else is going on. I have been sending in coins for the Modern tier which is coins minted after 1955 for several months .They average a turn around of 12 days and have never been in Quality control for more than 2-3 days.

.....like our pal Chris always says...."a watched clock runs slower"

also....remember they are getting submissions from sea floor salvagers....must be a bazillion shipwreck effect coins coming up every other month now or something that between them and NCS , are pushing our little weenie subs off to the side ...I've always had better turn around time on smaller subs , and experienced a little longer wait time on large subs , which all of a sudden appear on the door step , delivered , just as the status is being changed ....like they wait until they get delivery confirmation before they change it to shipped/safe or something ....of course , on a few subs , they listed the status as shipped/safe and it arrived two days later...must have been flukes.

You'll be alright , NGC isn't gonna hoard your subs any longer than they have too....they need the room.

Well I called NGC again today and talked to a guy.....i told him the invoice number and then started laughing in the background and then told me to hold........he came back and told me the coins were NCS and I said really.....I never requested that type of service and wouldn't even know how to request that service, I then told him these are modern coins and there is no reason the coins should be NCS....he told me he would look into it on Monday.

they have the new modern tier with ngc/ncs 22.50 i think it is. did you mistakenly choose this level?

NO....I am positive they didn't charge me 22.50 a coin times 60 coins...I would have noticed that come out of the checking account.

I called them when I got out of work at 4:00 at wasn't really in the mood to argue...I just wanted to get home and go grab a Killian's....its been a long week.

i feel ya! good luck on that and at least you now know where they are (which should have happened the minute they moved location).

and does killians make an oatmeal stout? i am a guiness guy but the next best thing is killians red.

So many folks here are saying this is unusual. However, I had recent orders where they were received right away, and within days of receipt when right into "Quality Control" where my orders then sat for about a month and a half, and that was only after several inquiries. I think if not for the inquiries, mentioning the current posted turnaround time and thus my concern, they would have stayed even longer.

Times when NGC gets slow:

Around coin shows. Why? Because they take graders to the shows to do on-site grading. Then the coins submitted to NGC just "sit" while coins graded on site get done overnight for the big bucks. Lots of coin shows in the summer, lots of delays!

Various bullion releases? More delays. Why? Rush of people trying to get the "Early Releases" designation, and the extra flood of coins.

Presidential Dollar releases = more delays because of First Day of Issue releases due to NGC's requirement that the coins be received the day after the coins are released, thus creating another backlog every time a new president is released and collectors/dealers want a large supply of First Day of Issue coins.

The list I am sure is even greater than that, but those are just a few variables that affect turnaround time.