• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are these more counterfeits on eBay?

11 posts in this topic

He only has a few US coins. Since the first fake slabs were the small white problem coin holders from ANACS I thought it was suspect. I didn't see anything wrong with the coins but the pics aren't great and the Chinese are getting pretty good.

Thanks for the replies.

Just about ALL the auctions start out as $8.88 with a lot won at that amount to boot!

Are 8's lucky in China?

Yes. Many Asians consider 8 to be a lucky number.

I've purchaed a half-dozen from them, and they are legit. Keep in mind that there are a handful of big-time dealers in Hong Kong and Singapore (among other places). This guy deals in circulated and generally unimpressive stuff, but it is all legit from what i've seen (and purchased).

License plates ending with 888 were being auctioned for millions in Hong Kong. The mandarin word for 8 sounds just like the word for "full" (opposite of hungry), so the number is thought to bring wealth and good fortune.