• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will we ever see early and late memorial cent sets?

6 posts in this topic

We have registry sets for the first and second half of the wheat cent run. Since the memorial cents are about to come to and end, does anyone think we'll see similar sets for 1959-1983 and 1984-2008?

Probably not. And if it were divided, it would make far more sense to divide it in 1982, copper cents in one half, zinc cents in the other. Are there any collectors that only collect one half of the set? It seems to me that the wheat cents are divided that way because, like Walker halves, the early ones are much more expensive and harder to get. People commonly collect short sets of the later coins - wheat cents, walkers, mercs, slq's all are collected like this.

Probably not. And if it were divided, it would make far more sense to divide it in 1982, copper cents in one half, zinc cents in the other. Are there any collectors that only collect one half of the set? It seems to me that the wheat cents are divided that way because, like Walker halves, the early ones are much more expensive and harder to get. People commonly collect short sets of the later coins - wheat cents, walkers, mercs, slq's all are collected like this.

I'm not so sure. The fact that there are zinc and copper 1982 cents makes that kinda strange IMO. You'd have to have both sets with 1982 cents, both sets covering that year.

I'm not so sure. The fact that there are zinc and copper 1982 cents makes that kinda strange IMO. You'd have to have both sets with 1982 cents, both sets covering that year.

Sort of like Liberty and Buffalo nickels?

Sort of like Barber and Mercury dimes?

Sort of like Morgan and Peace dollars?

Seems like a more logical way to do it if you ask me.

Sort of like Liberty and Buffalo nickels?

Sort of like Barber and Mercury dimes?

Sort of like Morgan and Peace dollars?

Seems like a more logical way to do it if you ask me.

Yes, but your examples are all of coins of different designs, not the same design with a different composition.