• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Would You Want to See in a Coin (Collection) Site?

3 posts in this topic

I was thinking of setting up a li'l website to display some of my better coins or more complete sets. But I'm not entirely sure what to put on it other than photos of the coins. A newish board member posted a link to their site ( http://www.madisoncollection.net/ ) a few weeks ago, and I was thinking of doing something similar, but with a few more higher-level links to the coins (as in there would be a little less clicking to get to the coins), mainly because it would JUST be to show my coins and NOT to be selling stuff, etc.

Any ideas?

I don't list anything for sale off of my website, which is linked in my signature line, but I also use it to share coins and information. Obviously, I think my site works well for my purposes.

I think it would be great to include some detailed descriptions and information about the coins. I see you are working on a type set - maybe include an overview of the series with each coin. I've thought about putting together a website for my french colonial collection, and would love to put a great amount of detail into it.