• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conder101, there's a donnybrook breaking out over you

81 posts in this topic

Thank you. Mike
I applaud the way that both of you have responded. (thumbs u

I agree :golfclap:

And if someone could post my response ATS I would appreciate it.

Posted.

The type of situation that could have been handled perfectly well in private. drwstr123 could have simply picked up the phone, or found some other way to initiate a resolution other than hijacking a thread on a public forum.

Thumbs up (thumbs u to Conder101, and for me, this issue has no impact whatosever on my willingness to do transactions with you, Mike.

The type of situation that could have been handled perfectly well in private. drwstr123 could have simply picked up the phone, or found some other way to initiate a resolution other than hijacking a thread on a public forum.

Thumbs up (thumbs u to Conder101, and for me, this issue has no impact whatosever on my willingness to do transactions with you, Mike.

Doesnt it suck when you are disappointed by someone you trust?

You messed up, you apologized, you fixed it. To me, that shows character. Everyone's human, and the fact that you are willing to fix it just affirms that you are the stand up guy we all thought you were (even if you did make a mistake - heck, no one's perfect). We still value your vast knowledge, your great eye, and your friendship. If we can't understand the fact that people make mistakes, then how can we expect others to forgive our mistakes?

<

No, it doesn't suck and I'm not overly disappointed...it just shows what human nature is capable of under these kinds of circumstances. It will not change how I perceive Conder101 as a person. He apologized in public for his actions and that alone is good enough for me because I know he will follow through with what ever is agreed on for closure.

~Woody~

<

No, it doesn't suck and I'm not overly disappointed...it just shows what human nature is capable of under these kinds of circumstances. It will not change how I perceive Conder101 as a person. He apologized in public for his actions and that alone is good enough for me because I know he will follow through with what ever is agreed on for closure.

~Woody~

Absolutely. :golfclap:

Nice pickup Condor. I hope that it is resolved to everyone's satisfaction. We're all human and mess up occasionally. Class is admitting it and fixing it. Too bad that all the reputation bashing had to occur ATS. They need to slow down and give space for a resolution.

<

~Woody~

Absolutely. :golfclap:

I think the gestures made by both participants was nothing less than first class. :golfclap:

Nice pickup Condor. I hope that it is resolved to everyone's satisfaction. We're all human and mess up occasionally. Class is admitting it and fixing it. Too bad that all the reputation bashing had to occur ATS. They need to slow down and give space for a resolution.

Mechanical error caused mechanical error ( That would NGC excuse :) )

What was the time frame involved in this transaction or Lack there of - Weeks Months ??

Congratulation Mike for stepping up. We all have weaknesses and until they are publicly exposed we never know how we will deal with them. I think you have done well and this incident will never cross my mind again.

Drwstr123-I applaud your allowing atonement(or attempt to do so). I think that I might better understand your method now, while not entirely endorsing it. But it will be hard to condone the actions of so many ATS who attempted to turn this episode into a feeding frenzy of personal attacks with no evidence to base their attacks on. IMHO

Jim

Posted by drwstr123 ATS:

drwstr123

Expert Collector

Tuesday June 10, 2008 6:32 AM (NEW!)

"ah the man has incredible ethics"

Ha! Still no direct contact from CONDOM 101 and I am on the boards ATS. Mike

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continuing to slur a forum members name only encites your willingness to escalate this issue...if I were Conder101, under these circumstances, I would fail to respond to your requests for a PM...period!

Posted by drwstr123 ATS:

drwstr123

Expert Collector

Tuesday June 10, 2008 6:32 AM (NEW!)

"ah the man has incredible ethics"

Ha! Still no direct contact from CONDOM 101 and I am on the boards ATS. Mike

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continuing to slur a forum members name only encites your willingness to escalate this issue...if I were Conder101, under these circumstances, I would fail to respond to your requests for a PM...period!

If I owed another person a coin, money, or anything else, I would get in contact with him even if he did call me names, though obviously I would prefer that he not do so.

Mark, I refer to Condor as Condom only after many, many requests to him to make good. Some people may recall the after he would post, I would follow with, "A lapse of memory or morality?". I remeber he was questioned by a friend as to what that meant. He responded, 'just some guy I owe a coin to'. That was about 2 years ago. I look forward to being able to refer to him as condor once again. Sincerely, Mike

Mark, I refer to Condor as Condom only after many, many requests to him to make good. Some people may recall the after he would post, I would follow with, "A lapse of memory or morality?". I remeber he was questioned by a friend as to what that meant. He responded, 'just some guy I owe a coin to'. That was about 2 years ago. I look forward to being able to refer to him as condor once again. Sincerely, Mike
Mike, I don't understand what one has to do with the other. If, for example, you were calling him by a name that implied he owed you something, it would make sense. As is, however, the name you're using merely sounds like an insult that serves no good purpose.

Mark, Neither did requesting completion of our deal serve no good purpose. As I understood his followers, the name would incite them to ask for answers (as I suggested ATS) and infer my feeling towards one who welchers on a deal. Mike

What you called Conder101 prior to his responding to your post ATS is between you and him…continuing to use a slurring name after he agreed to contact you becomes “our” business. It’s simply a lack of respect for the other forum members to simply stand by and let you mock a forumite in public. It no longer has anything to do with who he is or where he posts or what he has done…you have stepped over a boundary and I’m simply calling you on it.

What you called Conder101 prior to his responding to your post ATS is between you and him…continuing to use a slurring name after he agreed to contact you becomes “our” business. It’s simply a lack of respect for the other forum members to simply stand by and let you mock a forumite in public. It no longer has anything to do with who he is or where he posts or what he has done…you have stepped over a boundary and I’m simply calling you on it.

You're pretty funny. Sincerely, Mike

Wow! I can't believe it! There are people still posting here! lol

Seriously, how's everyone doing?

Remember, there's no integrity in :gossip: !

I've also noticed the lack of jefferson nickel threads over here, what gives?

Regards, Leo

Wow! I can't believe it! There are people still posting here! lol

Seriously, how's everyone doing?

Remember, there's no integrity in :gossip: !

I've also noticed the lack of jefferson nickel threads over here, what gives?

Regards, Leo

I recently started a thread on the 1958-D MS67 FS I just made....but you wouldn't be interested in anything like that :sorry:

Why is it that the innocent must prove claim while the guilty are given a free pass?

If a man confesses to murder, do you still need the murdered's word for validation?

Sorry Mike but the insulting changes to a users name is way over the top.

It never seems to work as far as winning folks over to your way of thinking.