• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why i have not been posting for the last few days

12 posts in this topic

I found a bottle tip in my local area and hear is a little story i thought you may like to see..

And the numismatic bit two silver Sixpences have been found so far.. a 1908 is the earliest not in the best condition but a good date non the less.. i will scan it soon

I would like to thank Darren SOOOOOO!!!! much what a star

After 100 Years this pot lid is finally back together and with only a minor bit missing..

what a strange site this has proven to be and what an unexpected find this was for me when the first bit came up last Sunday

P3110005-1.jpg

P1010044-2.jpg

then Darren popped the other half out the next day about 10 feet from where the first bit was found :o

leos136.jpg

Then tonight they have finally been reunited and "it doo look pritty" and it has now found it's new home for the next 100Years :D

P1010044-3.jpg

This is a massive lid about 4 1/2 inches across :blink: Is this now the biggest NE lid ?

Has anyone got a picture of the 2s9d lid to show them together ?

I am going to get it professional repaired so your suggestions on who i should ask to do it will be greatly received..

Thanks again to Darren it is great to see that there are still some great people in the bottle world..

Ps i have not forgotten about a very nice bottler from the south of the water who was also very kind and gave me a JC.Lambs 1/2pt Beer from Whitley for my collection on the tip also.. the next South shields bottle i find is yours B)

Click link to forum if you like some dug up stuff UK stile (thumbs u

http://nebc.2.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=897&st=0entry6196

Cool find, Dooly, but I hope you will put your empty beer bottles in the trash. lol

Chris

Dooley, that is so interesting and quite a find, congratulations to all you "diggers" across the pond. I would think that is so rewarding. It is nice to see what you look like when you are out doing what you do.

Chris and Dooley - Since I work for Waste Management, Inc. I must insist and hope that we all "recycle" our beer bottles as opposing to sending to our landfills. :o

Cool find, Dooly, but I hope you will put your empty beer bottles in the trash. lol

Chris

Dooley, that is so interesting and quite a find, congratulations to all you "diggers" across the pond. I would think that is so rewarding. It is nice to see what you look like when you are out doing what you do.

Chris and Dooley - Since I work for Waste Management, Inc. I must insist and hope that we all "recycle" our beer bottles as opposing to sending to our landfills. :o

Thank heavens for "old" landfill i say Rey :)

LastScan-3.jpg

Just for your information this one the commonest one just sold for £550 (3 Known)

P1010044-3-1.jpg

One of the lads on the forum has just computer fixed my lid cleaver or what !!

Very good observation, if it wasn't for these old "landfills" so to speak, you and others would not have these type of finds, good point. But what do you do with all of those Beer/Ale Bottles? Want me to arrange for ay recycling container for your location. lol

Nice find Wayne, Really

Rey

I do! We have a separate collection day for recyclables. Unfortunately, most bars and restaurants in our area don't care.

Chris

Cool find there “Team Dooly” in the US all they’ll find in dump sites is florescent light bulbs and plastic bags.

Cool find there “Team Dooly” in the US all they’ll find in dump sites is florescent light bulbs and plastic bags.

Woody, what you have to do is find an older farm where they used some of the back property as their dump. Prior to the 60's, many farmers did not have a garbage collection service. You'd be surprised what you can find in the woods beyond their crop fields.

Chris