• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This really bugs me; ex. The 1986 Proof Set

15 posts in this topic

To cite an example:

1C PF 65 RDU NGC 4/15/2008

5C PF 65 UC NGC 4/15/2008

10C PF 66 UC NGC 4/15/2008

25C PF 69 UC NGC 4/15/2008

50C PF 69 UC NGC 4/15/2008

vs

1C PF 69 RDU NGC 6/5/2008

5C PF 69 UC NGC 6/5/2008

10C PF 69 UC NGC 6/5/2008

25C PF 69 UC NGC 6/5/2008

50C PF 69 UC NGC 6/5/2008

The second set is complete in PF69UC. The first set has 2 PF65's and a PF66. Because NGC just gives PF69s the automatic 3 points there is nothing point-wise to distinguish a full PF69 set from a set like the first set so the point totals are equal. To add insult to injury, the first set actually gets to outrank the second set and the sets of several others with full PF69 sets because it has pictures and descriptions on all 5 coins. I don't care how much the owner writes or how good the pics are, that set should not beat out sets that have the same coins in equal or higher grade. Even if the second set gets pics it has to accept being ranked as equal with the first when the 2 sets clearly aren't equal. It's a bad joke and I'm sure this is not the only example of this in the modern proof sets. All the PF69UCs should get at least 6 to 9 points (like the Half Dollar does) so that a PF69UC can be distinguished in point value from a PF65 or PF66.

Actually if both of you sets have the same number of points and he has less images then he will go to position #9 and you will go to number 8 providing that you get more images before he does it.

P.J.'s set actually gets to outrank my set and the sets of several others with full PF69 sets because he has pictures and descriptions on all 5 coins.

I think that's fair, otherwise it's just a waste of cyberspace! I ignore blah sets and think that pics and a description should be mandatory.

:sumo:

You have to ask for the adjustment

I think this was for Revenant. If he feels that he should get more points for what he feels are coins in better grades then he does need to ask for the adjustment to get more points for his coins.

In the matter of images it is an automatic policy that if two people are tied in points that the person with the most images gets the higher slot. If they both are tied in points and they both have the same amoint of images/descriptions then the person who had the images/descriptions first gets the higher place.

If they both have the same number of points and they both have the same number of images then the only way to move up is to get more points

I am not the one who sets the scores, or determines the ranking. File a complaint if you think that is what you should do.

I am not the one who sets the scores, or determines the ranking. File a complaint if you think that is what you should do.

I was just using you as a an example, afterall, I was going to have to bring up someone if I wanted to cite a specific example. You just happened to be most convenient.

Yes, I know. I've gotten scores changed before. My only problem with that is, as I understand the system, I'd have to request a score correction for each spot in each set where I felt NGC was undervaluing the PF69s. That's a serious pain.

You need to address this to Revenant and not me. I know the procedure.

Yes, I know. I've gotten scores changed before. My only problem with that is, as I understand the system, I'd have to request a score correction for each spot in each set where I felt NGC was undervaluing the PF69s. That's a serious pain.

I never found it to be an effort. You just fill out the 'contact' form and wait for an answer.

I was just using you as a an example, afterall, I was going to have to bring up someone if I wanted to cite a specific example. You just happened to be most convenient.

Not really in this case - Just quote your serial numbers and state that they are still pointed in the GENERIC format (3) and would like your coins rescaled for the year and grade that they are ...

Thats is all ...

Not really in this case - Just quote your serial numbers and state that they are still pointed in the GENERIC format (3) and would like your coins rescaled for the year and grade that they are ...

Thats is all ...

Ok. I think I fixed it.

Thats is all ...

Ok. I think I fixed it.

Good Luck ...

I am trying to POINT my over a guy in position 3 for 1967 SMS sets I am 4 and he is three leading by 25 points .. I have one coin which is really under valued point wise and just requested a review

I can understand your point but how far can they micro-manage the points?.....most Pf69's from the 1980's, 1990's and 2000's can be bought for $3-5 each plus shipping ( unless silver of course)...I constantly see large lots of 100 or 200 NGC and PCGS modern slabs selling for $500 for 100 PF69's and $800 for 200 PF69's...

maybe they should just lower the other scores to one or 2 points...there are lots of $25-30 valued coins that only get 3 points