• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I try to conserve this large cent?? or let it be.

6 posts in this topic

I picked this up at a local pawn shop for $8. It has rather nice details but the edges are beat up. I'm wondering about the green toning or corrosion on the coin.

I picked up a lot of 6 of these with varying dates, this has the best details but the rim kills it. I figured for $8 a pop I couldn't go wrong.

Whats the best way to conserve the coin? or remove the green stuff. Or should I not worry about it? hm

P6020415.jpg

I would soak it in some olive oil for a few months. I've had an FEC in olive oil for about five months now and it's starting to conserve it very nicely. Patience is virtue with this process.

Good advice Bobby. Patience is the most important part of the process. But it certainly has cleaned many coppers for me.

Jim

The rims have been buggered but, you're right, there's great details to it. It would be a sweet looking coin if it were re-colored properly.