• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cherypicks from San Antonio Show- 1901-O Micro O Morgan and more!

8 posts in this topic

I bought these yesterday at the Gateway Coin Club Show in San Antonio. Despite the fact that it was a small show, and several of the larger dealers were in Long Beach, I made a pretty good haul. In addition to a 1970 mint set with a DDR quarter (no images on it yet- it's FS-801 and at least a 65!), I cherried these coins:

I was shocked when I found this coin in a $16.00/each bin at one of the tables. Normally, I wouldn't be so excited about finding a cleaned counterfeit coin, but this 1901-Micro O Morgan was certainly exciting:

01morganobv.jpg

I believe that is a planchet flaw on the reverse...

01morganrev.jpg

I also couldn't pass up this 1923 Peace dollar- it has one of the nicest, creamiest, and cleanest obverses I've ever seen. Despite the reverse hit, I'm going to submit it on my next economy order:

23peaceobv.jpg

23peacerev.jpg

Then, I found this AU 1941-Large S nickel. These are pretty hard to come by!

41nickelobv.jpg

41nickelrev.jpg

Lastly, a dealer was selling off a whole roll of these dimes. I bought 5 of them. Based on a previous post I did on a nickel that looked like these, they appear to be broadstruck off-center against a stiff collar. Something must've been set wrong in the press to have produced this many nearly identical errors.

dimesobv.jpg

dimesrev.jpg

I was about to jump up when I saw the '23 Peace Dollar until I saw the reverse and then fell to my knees...such a bad hit there, what a shame. :cry:

Interesting lot you managed to aquire there in SA, enjoy the rush!

The obverse of that Peace dollar is absolutely spectacular, too bad about the gash on the reverse. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for those Roosies, because they are really cool.

The obverse of that Peace dollar is absolutely spectacular, too bad about the gash on the reverse. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for those Roosies, because they are really cool.

I got the Roosies for $5 each. I figured it was a good price, since I've been hearing that striking errors from recent years are a lot more scarce...

I got the Roosies for $5 each. I figured it was a good price, since I've been hearing that striking errors from recent years are a lot more scarce...

That is a darn good price, especially for more recent errors. The mint really got tight on them in recent years, so to have gotten that many for that price is a really good deal. I definitely would have snagged them.