• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which one would you choose, and why ????

82 posts in this topic

I'd opt for the '09 simply as a short-term speculative issue. With the redesign for the 100th Anniversary approaching, it may attract a feeding frenzy at auction in the next 6-18 months.

Chris

I am not a Lincoln cent fancier.

Therefore I vote rarity, and the 1922 Plain with the strong reverse in strict MS is a very scarce coin. It gets my vote.

I am not a Lincoln cent fancier.

Therefore I vote rarity, and the 1922 Plain with the strong reverse in strict MS is a very scarce coin. It gets my vote.

I think that the '22 plain cent, 3-legged buffalo, etc are all farce coins produced by bone-headed mint workers and hyped by dealers and album slots.

So, obviously, I prefer the '09 S VDB

Without checking mintage, populations, etc., and judging solely by the pics, I like the look of the 1870 better.

I would take the 1877 RB over the 1870. Better looking coin, better color. Not so scarce, but famous for low mintage.

Yes, there are lots of VAM's listed for the '78 8TF, but this particular coin is not the first design used. The first design had small feathers at the base of the wings. Later on, the reverse was redesigned removing these feathers as shown in this specimen.

However, I'd take the 8TF, too! The '78-CC has a certified population of 5,800+ in MS64; 1,500+ in MS65 while the '78 8TF has a certified population of just 1,500+ in MS64; 500+ in MS65. In those same grades, it is estimated that the CC outnumbers the 8TF in total population by 3-to-1.

Chris

I just noticed that I quoted stats for different grades, but I would still take the 8TF for much the same reasons.

I vote UHR here to. It's a distinct type and I don't expect that there are many out there that are as beautiful as that one!

RI AL

OK Coin guys...let's try this again, and see if we can get this thread going,,,,,,it will only survive if YOU help contribute, as I'm busy hangin' out in the Comics section. ;)

Both sold for $138,000!!! at Heritage.....which one would you choose, and why???

65043.jpg.92e576032c64bab4a1b16449573e7ec6.jpg

65044.jpg.eb3a8eb714afa220e4e351b58a06eb02.jpg

The Chain Cent ... That would be a nice upgrade from my VF-30.

The 1932 double eagle would not fit in my collection at all. A date and mint set of double eagles is WAY beyond my financial means.

Both of them because I can !!

Seriously I would take the Chain Cent because of the History and age of the coin.

As much I love the 1932 the Chain Cent has more character.