• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submission Question!

7 posts in this topic

I want to submit to NGC for the first time. I am an ANA member and have direct submission available to me.

But where do I get the proper procedures for submission from? I am submitting 1999 Statehood Proofs. How do I package them? Are 2X2's the safest way?

Anyway can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Click on your registrey banner the window will open go to Grading & Submissions and click on submit US coins. You have to send them in plastic flips.

Click on your registrey banner the window will open go to Grading & Submissions and click on submit US coins. You have to send them in plastic flips.

No you don't, Harv. As a matter of fact, NGC encourages you to leave them in the Mint holder. NGC does not charge for removal from Mint holders, and they don't want a collector to risk damaging any coin while attempting removal.

Chris

You COULD submit them in the original cardboard, but for their protection I would put them in something else. In the cardboard, the coins are at risk from falling out, scratching against other items in the pakcage, etc. So, either take them out of the sets and put in individual 2X2s, or wrap each set individually in bubblewrap. Heavy on the bubblewrap.

In the cardboard, the coins are at risk from falling out, scratching against other items in the package, etc.

Plus if you have a streak of larceny in your heart (which many people do) you can refill the cardboard with low end MS or sliders, and you have your slabs and your "mint set" back. (Which many people would then resell as an "original" set. No I'm not advocating it, just stating that it does happen.) You can also use the cardboard to create coins with "mint set toning".