• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOOT!!! My Madagascar set is COMPLETE!!!

14 posts in this topic

I just bought the final piece for my Madagascar French Colonial set. This makes three colonies that I have completed - Madagascar, Cameroon, and St. Pierre and Miquelon. Morocco is only one very elusive coin from completion. I can't wait for this final piece to arrive.

59110-77d1_1.JPG.8c36ab8dd6b1cd8a493ee552ddf6c015.JPG

59111-7798_1.JPG.645160ca00e2000e2a87ebb4d6e6b36c.JPG

Congratulations, now you'll have to find another set to work on.

Oh, that will not be a problem. The French were prolific colonizers, building an empire second only to the British (although they were only a fraction of the size of the British.) I think the next one I am going to work on is Togo, and I've actually already got the first one from there.

What about the coinage of the Queens Ranavalona? Those should be a MUST!!! :shy:

Hoot

Perhaps, but I'm focusing on the French Colonial period of each colony.

Well done, Physics!! I imagine that there is a really good feeling of accomplishment! I've never completed a set of anything...new music coins are constantly coming on the market and my U.S. type set is stuck in "can't afford any more" mode. I was working on a Tibet type set recently but even those have gotten real pricy of late. Guess I'll have to find another country. Maybe I should continue the Peru set...I have a good start there 'causin we lived there for 4 years from 75-79.

Anyway, congrats!! Job well done!

RI AL

Hey again, physics-fan.

I got to thinking if I do have any complete sets and I realized for the first time that my draped bust set is complete from 1/2 cent through $1. I posted a photo of my 1802 in the "U.S. forum" but thanks to you and your Madascar set, I can say I HAVE completed a set of something. :acclaim:

RI AL

I just bought the final piece for my Madagascar French Colonial set. This makes three colonies that I have completed - Madagascar, Cameroon, and St. Pierre and Miquelon. Morocco is only one very elusive coin from completion. I can't wait for this final piece to arrive.

I have just received a large lot of coins and there are a few Morocco coins in it which one are you after ??