• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Bustie question

9 posts in this topic

If NGC did not do a variety attribution on a coin, such as 1829 large letters, 1830 Large 0, 1832 Large Letters, 1836 Beaded border reverse, can those coins that are in NGC slabs but not attributed be used in the registry slots for those coins? I have seen many a slab where there is no such designation on the above.

This could also fall into my Cherry post of before, where NGC did not attribute the coin on the slab, but I did. Looks like and 1819, but is an 1819/8. I should, in my opinion, be able to put that slab in the 1819/8 slot.

There was an unattributed 1829 LL in an old Fattie holder at heritage that I lost, but had I won, would NGC have had to crack it and place it in a new holder just for me to be able to use it in my registry?

Anyway, I hate have to re-submit coins just for attribution, especially if the coin happens to be in an old holder which I would like to keep.

I wasn't able to enter mine without the variety being on the NGC label. You don't need Overton varieties though, just the general terms like Large Letters, etc.

I'm thinking back a couple of years. i had an ngc coin with the wrong attribution. they required that i send it in to be seen.

another time i had one without the attribution.

they needed that one too.

of course, my memory could be faulty

And what do you do in the case of an un-attributed 1834?

If you need it attributed and not re-graded you can send it in under designation review and they will re- slab your coin and will list the variety on the holder.

And what do you do in the case of an un-attributed 1834?

If you need it attributed and not re-graded you can send it in under designation review and they will re- slab your coin and will list the variety on the holder.

I understand that, but if you buy a bustie that just says "1834" on it, you can't use it in the registry at all because there is no plain "1834" slot. Of course if its in a pcgs holder, you can basically fit it where ever it belongs. Take this one for example. You cannot put this in any slot in the registry without sending it to NGC first.

http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=1108&Lot_No=595&src=pr

If it were in a pcgs holder, you can put it where it belongs. Know what I mean?

You are correct--that coin will have to be attributed as small date, small letters before it can be added. The Overton number is optional, but if you went through the trouble of designation review, then I would get that on the holder too.

I'm not sure if it helps to have PCGS slab or not; PCGS often attributes the basic variety information on their slab (though only Overton #s when you pay), and, since NGC has to confirm PCGS certification numbers, they can get that info. But probably not if it's not on the PCGS holder...I think!