• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1916 Mexico 1c, KM415, NGC XF40

9 posts in this topic

How can I determine a fair price to ask for this? I've read that the Krause book isn't very reliable, and mine is 3 years old, anyway.

Can anyone help?

Chris

1916 Mexico 1c, KM415, XF

2003 Krause Standard Catalog of World Coins - 30th Edition

$165

COIN PRICES Magazine

March 2005 - $165

March 2007 - $170

March 2008 - $170

COINS Magazine

November 2004 - $165

The magazines don't really address slabbed coins.

Nice Mexican decimal, Chris. It's tough to price these, since the collectors specializing in the series are usually after mint state examples and there's just not enough general interest in the rest of the collectors. With mintage of 500,000 pieces, this is the key in the 1916-1949 1 Centavo series.

~Roman

Nice Mexican decimal, Chris. It's tough to price these, since the collectors specializing in the series are usually after mint state examples and there's just not enough general interest in the rest of the collectors. With mintage of 500,000 pieces, this is the key in the 1916-1949 1 Centavo series.

~Roman

Yeah, I was really excited when I learned about 4 years ago that it was a key date. Wouldn't you know! Just when I thought it was time to sell it. Are world collectors really that spoiled? Just try and complete any 19th century U.S. coin series in MS. :o

Chris