• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for 1967 Special Mint Set Coins

10 posts in this topic

I recently acquired the quarter for this set at a good price and thought it might be fun to try and build the set. My target grade is going to be MS 66/67. I'm looking to see if I might be able to get some reasonable deals on the cent, nickel, dime, and half dollar. Thanks.

That's nice of you. I saw it the other day. I'm not personally interested because I already have the quarter and I prefer to have the coins individually holdered. Thanks for the offer though.

I have a set in PCI holders, but you wouldn't want the dime. It's in a Red Label with a scratch on the obverse. The cent and nickel are Gold Label MS66. I'm not going to part with the half, though. It's an MS67 DDO.

Why don't you go to a show and cherrypick some raw sets?

Chris

59073-IMG_2211.JPG.8e9d8e845b797fd0b9f4c66a8dd6a039.JPG

As a matter of fact, if you decide to cherrypick the 1967 set, see if you can get lucky and find one with the 25c DDO. While you're at it, you may as well get the 1965 & 1966 sets, too. There are some DDO's & DDR's there, too. You can sometimes get a better price buying them as a group.

Chris

Mostly becuase whenever a show is in town I'm away at college in a little town that never has coin shows.

Where is the school located?

Chris

Mostly becuase whenever a show is in town I'm away at college in a little town that never has coin shows.

Chris

Texas A&M University

College Station, TX

Chris

Texas A&M University

College Station, TX

Call or stop by Paramount Rare Coin & Currency, 1010 Windmeadows Drive, College Station, 979-777-9345 and ask if there is a coin show hosted by a local coin club.

If not, you're only an hour from Houston, and there are more than a dozen dealers in the metro area. Chances are good that there is a coin club that hosts a show there.

The latest Coin World has a show listed in Temple on June 1: Temple Coin and Collectibles Show, Hilton Garden Inn, 9301 Six Pines Drive, 9:00AM-4:00PM. Coincidentally, the contact person for this show is right in your neck of the woods: Dean Willis, 813 Rio Grande, Bryan, TX, PH: 979-575-4669, E-mail: harolddwillis@hotmail.com

Chris

If you want to step up to cameo, the ultimate in SMS... ok, so Ucam and Dcam are better, but not so affordable, gimme a holler.