• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 Black Label 20th Anniversary Set on eBay 69/69/69UC

7 posts in this topic

I've listed my beautiful NGC Graded 20th Anniversary Silver American Eagle set for $349.95 "Buy It Now" on eBay:

2006 20TH ANNIVERSARY SILVER EAGLE SET NGC 69/69/69UC

Please check it out if you're looking for a Black Label 20th Anniversary Set.

$5.00 shipping discount if you mention NGC Collector's Society if you win!

That is a very good price. I just sold my set raw on ebay for $320.

Maybe your buyer was hoping your raw set would turn into 70's when graded (!!!)

To tell you the truth, I've just never personally gotten "that" excited about the American Eagles. True, they are beautiful coins, but the "character" factor just isn't there for me at least. I'd much rather have a nice looking Walker Half. Still, the American Eagles will be great investments in the years to come - especially the reverse proof.

It's like a Sinatra song. The original just can't be beat, no matter how many times it's re-recorded. Same words, same music, excellent production standards, but lacking the Sinatra "character".

I'm probably selling the NGC set to low, especially since it's the Black Label set.

Hopefully, the next owner will appreciate the bargain.

It was the same thing last year with the San Francisco Mint Commemorative Silver Dollar. I couldn't wait to see that Proof Morgan Eagle on the reverse, but when I finally did, I said "Yuck!" Any even common date MS60 Morgan reverse seems more interesting . . .

Cheers!

Great post! I agree with you on every point, especially the Morgan reverse commem. Boring.