• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Addition to my Seated H10C Collection.

12 posts in this topic

I think it's a nice specimen, but I'm not a huge fan of the toning (could just be due to me not liking too much toning in general). If it didn't have the blue, I'd love it for my own collection. ;)

I think it's a nice specimen, but I'm not a huge fan of the toning (could just be due to me not liking too much toning in general). If it didn't have the blue, I'd love it for my own collection. ;)

Heck, the blue is half the reason I like it. That is a very nice coin, if you can see it. If I were to collect those things I'd have to have them in slabs, because they are so small I'd loose the darn things.

The blue toning makes the coin for me. I've been looking for this type for a few weeks now and I haven't found an example so nice. I like it! :cloud9:

I like it a lot! The grade seems spot on, and the color, though not spectacular, is aesthetically appealing.

I have to agree with what james said.

Typically when I see that shade of blue on a circulated coin I think of secondary tone after a dip or cleaning. But yours looks quite nice and doesn't look cleaned from the pictures. It possibly was dipped 50+ years ago and then stuck in an old coin board or Whitman type album, judging from the tone pattern. I think one like that would look great in my Dansco 7070. (thumbs u