• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin dealer in South Bay?

6 posts in this topic

Thought you meant the dealers there for a second.

Mostly coins from 1920's through 1940's. My dad's original collection. 9 of those Whitman type books (pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters) from 1909-about 1950. Plus bags of pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, halves, and a few dollars from same time period. Maybe 15-20 19th century coins. I've posted some that are pretty representative of the condition - sounds like mostly VG 8-10 at best with a few better. Also a variety of international coins, some paper money, etc.

More or less that's it. Any ideas on someone in the area I could have look at them?

I'm in San Jose and am looking for a known, trustworthy coin dealer/appraiser to look at these coins I have. Any ideas?

Thanks.

PM me your address, and I'll send you the 2007 Numismatic Dealer Directory. There shouldn't be too much difference between it and the 2008 Directory.

Chris

58605-_MG_2204.JPG.bf9e0d87c73154ca26f915a46ad5f2cf.JPG

That's a very generous offer - thanks. However, I was really looking for a personal recommendation of a known dealer I can trust. I have the names of many dealers in the area from the internet, phone book, etc. but I don't know any of them from Adam.

In any case, thanks for the offer but it's not necessary.