• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sending to NCS

9 posts in this topic

i am sending some NCS stuff out and i relize i dont know what everything is and i want NCS to slab either way. those that cant be saved, and those that would grade but i dont want NGC to get coins yet. so i dont spend grading money on things that would bag. i want to hoard the good NCS untill i have a good group for cross :)

please let me know if you have used NCS and what tier i would need to send under :( i have looked and i cant seem to find where they will put a grade on a gradalbe coin. is this doable? if the grade would be to low i wouldnt have crossed.

what is it please:

ncsstuff001.jpg

ncsstuff002.jpg

ncsstuff003.jpg

ncsstuff004.jpg

ncsstuff007.jpg

ncsstuff008.jpg

ncsstuff009.jpg

ncsstuff010.jpg

I used them last year to authenticate some coins for me. It saved me a bundle because most had been improperly cleaned. But if I were to sell the coins there won't be any discrepency. They don't put an actual grade just a blanket grade.

Go for the do not conserve-grade or encapsulate only and the authentification box

The first one appears to be a Maundy penny. Maundy coins are given out around Easter to the poor. It is a traditional thing. Look at the back of the Krause Great Britain section for Maundy coins, I believe (without having it in front of me).

Are you sure those are all worth the investment to get them conserved and slabbed and whatnot? Unless they are really key dates, I don't think its worth it. Again, I don't have my Krause in front of me, so I don't know.

well let me see, i get a huge bag of 25lbs of coins. dont know how many coins for sure but say there are 1000. that means i paid 17c per coin. so i think anything out of that is worth it. i will have some very nice(to me) coins for very cheap.

Are you sure those are all worth the investment to get them conserved and slabbed and whatnot?

I'm with physics fan on this one - I don't believe these are worth conserving / encapsulating. They are neat coins, but you would pay multiples of what they are worth if you send them to NCS in submission fees.

Just my 2 cents.

~Roman

well i collect :P i baught a 1962 chevy truck BODY for 2300$ a yr ago cause i needed it for my collection. these may not be worth the MONEY now (some) but they could be worth the MONEY later. for now I am enjoying them and i like them.

i do think this is better than sending to ngc and just giving them money to put my coin in a new flip when they body bag the coin. this way i am able to find out all sorts of good things, grade/problems/varieties............ and for the price that is cheap! on some of these i dont even know what they are but they are awsome. and by sending into NCS first and having them do there thing i might find the rarety i hope to find some day that i would normaly toss out.

as of lately ive decided to just focus on my collection and worry less about making money off them.

I'm with you ant...I sometimes encapsulate just to conserve/protect them for the future....maybe just get NCS to authenticate as genuine and slab them...grading would be costly and not worth it...

I understand your view also Physics-fan...I usually let other people spend the $20 per coin to slab moderns and then I buy some near perfect PF69UCAMs for $4-5 each on ebay-...got 100 PF69's from the 70's, 80's and 90's for only $450 recently...thought I'd break into lots and make a few bucks...but nobody pays much for these...fees make it not worth time to even sell these..