• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

need assistance. NCS submission....

17 posts in this topic

this is not a rant! lol

i am sending some NCS stuff out and i relize i dont know what everything is and i want NCS to slab either way. those that cant be saved, and those that would grade but i dont want NGC to get coins yet. so i dont spend grading money on things that would bag. i want to hoard the good NCS untill i have a good group for cross :)

please let me know if you have used NCS and what tier i would need to send under :( i have looked and i cant seem to find where they will put a grade on a gradalbe coin. is this doable? if the grade would be to low i wouldnt have crossed.

ncsstuff013.jpg

ncsstuff014.jpg

ncsstuff011.jpg

ncsstuff012.jpg

ncsstuff005.jpg

ncsstuff006.jpg

You want Authentification and Encapsulation service. Write on the form if you want NCS to send the coin for NGC grading. They will then charge you for both services.

this is not a rant! lol

What? An Ant Rant? :roflmao:

And I'm not a-fib-bit-ing when I'm a-rib-bit-ing. :gossip:

Ribbit :grin:

I have to be honest and state that I couldn't follow what it is you are attempting to do with this submission, but at least the Barber dime looks like it would certify at NGC or PCGS. Additionally, I would suspect that the Buffalo is actually a contemporary counterfeit.

im just using NCS to find out what is gradeable and what is netable. then later i will take all the gradable ones and cross them. right now i need to let the pros tell me what is what cause im spending far too much money on body bags. as of now im keeping all coins that go to ncs.

and what makes you say the buff is a fake please?

I have to be honest and state that I couldn't follow what it is you are attempting to do with this submission, but at least the Barber dime looks like it would certify at NGC or PCGS. Additionally, I would suspect that the Buffalo is actually a contemporary counterfeit.

Tom,

In a nutshell, ant is sending a group of coins to NCS. He wants NCS to evaluate and encapsulate the coins. He DOES NOT want NCS to forward the coins to NGC for grading. He wants NCS to encapsulate the coins as "Genuine" or "XX Details, Problem." He then hopes that some time down the line he can cross over the problem-free NCS coins to PCGS or NGC, and have it not result in a DNC or bodybag. So, basically, he hopes to use NCS as a pre-screener for coins that may eventually go to PCGS or NGC.

The only coins worth sending in for grading are the 79-S morgan and possibly the CWT. And the only reason the 79-S is worth sending in is because it is a Reverse of 1878. I don't know what the CWT token is worth. The others are worth less than the slabbing fees.

There is no reason to send the Morgan or the CWT to NCS. They do not need conservation, and all NCS would do is strip original patina off the coins (and ruin them) or tell you they don't need conservation, which most collectors would tell you for free.

Even as a reverse of 78 I would think the Morgan would only grade out as AU58. I am a little confused on the Buffalo. How would you put it back together?

Even as a reverse of 78 I would think the Morgan would only grade out as AU58. I am a little confused on the Buffalo. How would you put it back together?

More likely MS-63 shot 64.

ive seen the broken morgans and peace dollars b4 in 2 seperate holders. 1 for each part. id like to have it in one slab if i can . the buff fits together like a puzzle piece :) and its not a cut its a break.

i havnt seen many broken coins, so i like it. ive had this sitting here for 2 yrs now.

I think the Buffalo stands a good chance of being a contemporary counterfeit because legitimate coinage rarely breaks whereas contemporary counterfeit pieces are much more likely to be poorly made from pot metals or made of brittle materials that can crack or shatter. I am just playing the odds on the piece.