• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1976 10 kronur coin is it a error or did someone plated it

2 posts in this topic

I went to a local coin show today and went over to a dealer that i have bought stuff from before. I was looking at some 10 Kronur differant dates and seen this coin 1976 10 kronur and said to myself this has a funny looking color to it so i bought from him as well as the 1967 10 Kronur. Well after looking at it when i got home and the color was very even on front and back the strike was strong and the high points of the lettering was flat to tell that these were fresh dies and coin has a number of polishing marks on it but the sides of the coin seems to be the right color . The coin has nice strong chartwheel on front and back. does a plated coin show chartwheel? so if anyone can tell if this coin that was minted at the london mint is a error maybe wrong planchet or someone plated this coin if so why not the sides http:

58655-HPIM1219.JPG.43563eaa811a4c1efb257abedd0ac8b7.JPG