• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Favorite French Connection

11 posts in this topic

Fabrice Volckaert (fabrice59) is one of my favorite eBay sellers. Fabrice isn't like some of the others I patronize. He usually has very low starting bids, the majority of his medals are in excellent condition and his shipping charges are very reasonable. I usually receive shipments within 10 days.

Here is my latest acquisition. It is for the 1896 National and Colonial Exhibition at the city of Rouen. The medal is silvered bronze, 68mm and was struck at the Paris Mint. It was designed by Oscar Roty who is one of my favorite medallists.

Chris

PS. Sorry, Rey, I bought this for myself.

58199-_MG_2199.JPG.6beac7c8150a9514fbdf6351dc7c1349.JPG

58200-_MG_2200.JPG.11513476fb430075d559df9ab0181d89.JPG

58201-_MG_2201.JPG.ab733e588f471c20ac53ea7c16dad801.JPG

Funny... when I saw the first two pics I said to myself, "but where is the train?"

Then I got to the third pic and suddenly all was right with the world again :)

Funny... when I saw the first two pics I said to myself, "but where is the train?"

Yes, this is one that Rey will have to do without.........................at least for now. However, if I should come across another in cuivre or argent, I might be persuaded to let this one go.

Chris

PS. Needless to say, if I should find another in silvered bronze, I will be sure to let Rey know about it.

Yes, this is one that Rey will have to do without.........................at least for now. However, if I should come across another in cuivre or argent, I might be persuaded to let this one go.

Chris

PS. Needless to say, if I should find another in silvered bronze, I will be sure to let Rey know about it.

Hi Chris,

First of all let me say that Chris is correct about Fabrice, a tremendously honest and fair and amazing seller of medals. I have had the pleasure of purchasing from him directly and through Chris.

I must admit, I too was a little perplexed until I saw the third pic. (thanks Chris) :pullhair:. I was going to respond to the post last night but was just too upset. lol

It is a beautiful medal and yes Chris anytime you see or find one like this please let me know.

Roty is amazing.

P.S. (I will get even somehow hm

P.S. (I will get even somehow hm

Well, we could call it even if you gave me an 1895 Morgan PF67 for my birthday. :insane:

Chris