• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 dollar bill !!!!!

6 posts in this topic

Hi all i have just won this engraved cigarette case in a job lot at my local auction rooms.. i know its not a coin but when i saw it i thought it was interesting and had to have it ..

can anyone give me any information about it Age, who made it, common, rare etc

thanks dooly

100o.jpg

100.jpg

Andrew W Mellon served as Treasury Secretary from 1921 to 1932, so that is the era of the bill represented on your case.

As far as when your piece was made, I don't know, but I did find anecdotal evidence of them being around during WWII.

bill.jpg

That's pretty cool there Dooly...looks like a real bill was used for a model, compressed but realistic.

edit: the engraver did not plan ahead on the reverse of the bill, the "E" was left out of AMERICA!

AMRICA

Thats cool woody did you see that he also boobed with " WILL PAY TO THE BEAKER ON DEMAND" lol

EDIT: woundent it be cool if i could find the bill H00 165360 B which this was taken from !

Thats cool woody did you see that he also boobed with " WILL PAY TO THE BEAKER ON DEMAND" lol

EDIT: woundent it be cool if i could find the bill H00 165360 B which this was taken from !

That's not a cigarette case! Its a Chinese counterfeit die, to make counterfeit bills! They scrapped this one because of the spelling errors.

That's not a cigarette case! Its a Chinese counterfeit die, to make counterfeit bills! They scrapped this one because of the spelling errors.

:signfunny: