• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there anything unusual about this half cent ?

12 posts in this topic

Hi all usual questions. is this gradable with the nicks.. approx grade and is there anything unusual about this coin.. thanks dooly

3f60_1-1.jpg

3e49_1-1.jpg

I'm not good at cents either but if this color is right, doesn't look right for early copper that I've seen. It does have a pretty good rim nic also but I'm not good enough to say it would BB for it.

My guess is G-8 Plain 4 stemless and how do you tell if it is a Restrike ?

It is a plain 4 stemless (Cohen-13). I have no problem with your detail grade. I would probably net it to about G-4.

The 1804 restrikes you are referring to were cents not half cents. The tell-tale on them is that a reverse die from the matron head type ( from 1820) was used rather than the draped bust type of 1804.

My guess is G-8 Plain 4 stemless and how do you tell if it is a Restrike ?

It is a plain 4 stemless (Cohen-13). I have no problem with your detail grade. I would probably net it to about G-4.

The 1804 restrikes you are referring to were cents not half cents. The tell-tale on them is that a reverse die from the matron head type ( from 1820) was used rather than the draped bust type of 1804.

Cheers for that (thumbs u

doh! i am a right dosey barstuard .. about the restrike (well i am a Daft English man :devil:) i tool the grade from my G-4 BN 1803 i have which shows no detail on the bust and guessed at the 8.. ? would it grade in your opinion ?

would it grade in your opinion ?

Of course it will grade...You just got through grading it. ;)

Now, if your question is really "Will it slab at a reputable company?" then my opinion is that it won't. It would probably come back as altered surfaces.

Wayne,

Your posts are always so interesting and educational, thanks to the other contributers as well.

It is always neat to learn.

Rey