• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yeah, It's About Time For Another Anaconda Coin Photography Contest! (ATS)

2 posts in this topic

Brandon wasn't kidding when he stated that the coin in the coin photography contest started ATS is "very difficult" to image! In fact, it is absurdly difficult. It may not be really be possible to image "accurately" without perhaps stitching a few sub-images together for a full composite. Really, you can't even get a good look at the coin with the naked eye, due to the glare problems of the rattler slab.

I tried numerous different angles and setups, and eventually settled, of all things, on my usual SOLB (single overhead lightbulb) method. I did have to screen the light to avoid a harsh glare, though, something I normally don't do.

I actually do think my images capture the true color and appearance of the coin - at least as perceived through the glare of the slab, and other than cropping and resizing, I ended up not "photoshopping" the images (I've never owned PhotoShop anyway).

I put very little effort into the full-slab image.

Coin is going to the next victim today!!!! Good luck to everyone else participating (thumbs u !

The devil went down to Texas, he was looking for a soul to steal.

He was in a bind 'cos he was way behind: he was willin' to make a deal.

When he came across this young man lookin' thru a Nikon and shooin' it hot.

And the devil jumped upon the copy stand and said: "Boy let me tell you what:

"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a coin picture taker too.

"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

"Now you shoot a pretty good coin, boy, but give the devil his due:

"I bet a T-shirt of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."

The boy said: "My name's Poorboy and it might be a sin,

"But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been."

Poorboy you heat up your lights and focus your Nikon sharp.

'Cos hells broke loose in Texas and the devil deals the cards.

And if you win you get this shiny T-shirt made of gold.

But if you lose, the devil gets your soul.

Made me laugh.