• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgans: Super PQ 1888-O NGC MS64PL, Rainbow Toned 1881-S NGC MS64...ebay

8 posts in this topic

1888-O NGC MS64PL PQ Clean Cheek...Link to the ebay listing. Starting bid 99¢ with No Reserve.

Beautifully mirrored prooflike surfaces and completely pristine and clean cheek. In my opinion this coin is a for sure upgrade to MS65PL.

obv2.jpgrev2.jpg

obvS.jpgrevS.jpg

1881-S NGC MS64 Rainbow Toned...Link to the ebay listing. $120 OBO.

Beautiful Rainbow colors and very lustrous & clean surfaces. Considering all and any offers.

obv2.jpgrev2.jpg

obvS.jpgrevS.jpg

My apologies, but I've often wondered why sellers continue to show the reverse of NGC/PCGS holders with the coin inverted? Why not turn the holder so that the reverse scans with the coin right side up? It would sure make viewing the coin easier and more enjoyable. Just my thoughts . . .

No problem, it's a good question. The answer is that I find it somewhat more difficult to get a good photograph of the reverse without casting shadows and unwanted light over the slab. That's why I photograph it upside down...and also why I provide several zoomed in images of the reverse. :)

No problem, it's a good question. The answer is that I find it somewhat more difficult to get a good photograph of the reverse without casting shadows and unwanted light over the slab. That's why I photograph it upside down...and also why I provide several zoomed in images of the reverse. :)

Well, your scans look beautiful to me. Even some national dealers who certainly must have the wherewithal for good photography don't bother to invert the reverse. I've even seen it in auction catalogs. I've noticed that the coins' location on the scanning bed can change the results of the scan. So perhaps trying a different part of the scanning bed may help. Still, it's not a big deal at all - your coins look terrific. Nothing to worry about!