• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP!!!

23 posts in this topic

For most of the day, I couldn't get into the NGC website. When I finally made it in and opened the Boards, I found that the normal format had completely changed. No background color, no columns separating users and their avatars from posts, no highlighted threads signifying new posts, etc.

How can I correct this?

Chris

I've had this happen before, too. There's a post in the Water Cooler about this as well. It usually fixes itself after a while, but there may be a problem with the CS software if it is this widespread.

Yeah it's doing it to me too. White background, ugh.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I posted a help thread on it in the general feedback section, so hopefully it gets noticed and we can fix this problem.

outerlimits.jpg

There is nothing wrong with your computer monitor. Do not attempt to adjust the picture.

We are controlling the transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume.

If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal.

We will control the vertical. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus

to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control

all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your PC monitor. You are

about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery

which reaches from the inner mind to the outer limits of the NGC.

outerlimits.jpg

There is nothing wrong with your computer monitor. Do not attempt to adjust the picture.

We are controlling the transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume.

If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal.

We will control the vertical. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus

to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control

all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your PC monitor. You are

about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery

that was superb!

outerlimits.jpg

that was superb!

Not quite. Superb would be to FIX THIS D@MN THING!

Chris

outerlimits.jpg

that was superb!

Not quite. Superb would be to FIX THIS D@MN THING!

Chris

Fix what? I got no damn problems. Or at least problems that I care to discuss...

They have posted that they should have it sorted in about 4 Hours

quote: - dena

Administrator

I am sorry to report that we are experiencing a technical problem on our server again today. It is causing interruption in the following functionality:

1. The order status function for paid Collectors Society members and dealers.

2. The certification number lookup function for paid Collectors Society members and dealers.

3. Registry items entered during this time may fail due to a lack of connection with the server. These entries will be held in an administrative area and processed for final inclusion after server communication is restored.

We hope to have this problem resolved within about 4 hours if not sooner. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost

Dooly, isn't that an old annoucement? It was posted 4/10, today is 5/1

I dont know its whats showing up when i log on ???? (shrug)

Still not fixed. :o

See my post in the general section /feedback section for a link on how to fix this problem. Not sure if the orginial default_CS will ever be fixed, but just change the skin under preferences and it should work. Works fine for me, I switched mine to Coins_default but the colors are different; instead of being yellow everything is blue. Kind of a pain to get used to, but what can you do?

(shrug)

Thanks, Kevin.

By going to MY STUFF and selecting a different CS than Default it fixes the issue.

I appreciate the info.

Jim

Go to My Stuff and then click on My preferences.

Scoll down to "Your preferred stylesheet" and change the setting to anything other than CS-Default or Always use default.

CS-Small-Font works good for me.