• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vatican Mint / Proof sets

7 posts in this topic

i am waiting for my uncle to contact me. he is a priest, he will know. my mom also wants some of the newer stuff.

i like the fact that they are there own entity. there own mint,there own laws,..... my mom was mentioning that there were some horable popes in history. not that im a fan of bad but it would be cool to have an evil type set :P

You can get on the Vatican Mints mailing list, but be advised that the number of sets made is very limited and typically there are a great many more sets ordered than are available. In the past the awarding of sets to orders has been by drawing lots. So even if you get on the mailing list and order the sets, you may still have to buy them at a high price on the secondary market. Many people are on the list multiple times to try and increase the chances of being awarded a set, and to hopefully get a windfall by being awarded more than one.

You can email their Office of Numismatics at ufn@svc.va