• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star designation for circulated coins

15 posts in this topic

What a great idea NGC had extending the star designation to all grades. I wish I had thought of it! (Never mind the journal I wrote in 2005 suggesting this change).

Here's my first attempt at taking advantage of this expanded designation. Of the 5 coins I sent in, one got the star. This coin now resides in a 55Star holder:

1780606-006O.jpg

1780606-006R.jpg

I agree that it is a terrific idea to put the star designation on deserving, circulated coins. (thumbs u

Do you think NGC likes crust? Would they STAR a crusty busty? hm

I agree that it is a terrific idea to put the star designation on deserving, circulated coins. (thumbs u

That's one beautiful crusty busty lol (thumbs u

Tom, please check your PM box. I've been trying to get ahold of you for days with no success.

Thanks

Do you think NGC likes crust? Would they STAR a crusty busty? hm

I thought they might but the busty below was part of my designation review invoice and it didn't get the star. Its in a 58 holder and its a Reiver coin. It has semi-prooflike surfaces under the crust. Quite possibly the 1:00 reverse rim nick held it back.

308099-018O.jpg

308099-018R.jpg

Attractive coin! :applause: I can see why it starred.

I can only see one problem .. having to send my coins back in :juggle:

I suspect that was one reason why they extended the stars to circulated grades. Plenty of money to be made for designation review...

This is news to me. When did it happen?